Page 607 of 819 FirstFirst ... 107507557597605606607608609617657707 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I once attended a bad movie party -referred to as "The Viewing" by all involved- and watched Troll 2. It is quite possibly the worst movie ever made, and absolutely hilarious. Green cake, guac, and jello are all excellent snacks for a viewing.

I strongly recommend watching a review before the viewing. Knowing what you're about to laugh at makes it even funnier.
    I watched the trailer on IMDB and read reviews. It sounds and looks awesomely awful.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I watched it relatively sober, and I thought it was a really good zombie movie.

I mean, especially how the plot started was really stupid, but then again it's a zombie movie, so... And the father / daughter drama inserted in the middle of all the action and the tight time limit the characters had to make their escape was entirely unnecessary, but it's an American movie so I guess that's unavoidable. But the cinematography was excellent, the helicopter pilot lady was a great character, there were plot elements that weren't just copy-pasted from previous movies, there was plenty of action, and the way they condensed a whole another zombie movie into the opening credits was great.

All in all, I have to say I liked it.
    Even if you’re tired of zombie movies watch the first five to ten minutes of this one. It’s a great opening.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Here's one for bad movie night:

And the trailer for another one, couldn't find the whole thing on YT:

Site Supporter
    I watched The original Godzilla over the weekend and it was one of those bad movie night movies that was actually cooler than I remembered it being and is worth a watch.

If you can get past the bad acting, and cheap special effects, giant unstoppable monster that destroys everything is a trope that has always had it’s place in human story telling.

Plus the original radiation breath actually looks better than even the most recent movies.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Turner Classics? I went with Where Eagles Dare.
    Always a great choice.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Saw Cruella this past weekend. wasn't expecting much, thought it'd be a kids movie, went with the family to get out of the house, etc.

It's damn good. Particularly if you have, or have ever had, any sort of punk sensibilities.

Yeah, I do think Hollywood is an evil plot set to eliminate all personal responsibility by explaining away all bad behavior with a sad origin story. Riots? Not your fault, your life was hard. Rob/cheat/steal? not your fault, your life was hard. Diddle kids? not your fault, you were probably diddled. etc.

But if you know that agenda exists, you can avoid falling victim to it and see a great movie. The costumes are awesome, the dialog is great, the lighting is ok, the plot twists are fun, the music is amazingly good...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Mare of Easttown of HBO.

This is some of Kate Winslets best work, ever. It comes close to the first season of True Detective and that's saying something. It's a different story and a different vibe. It's more of a subtle, slow burn than True Detective, but everyone's firing on all cylinders performance wise. Winslet gives an incredibly layered performance as a small town detective with a ton of personal baggage, who's really beyond giving a shit about almost everything other than the case. It's not an over the top Scarface/Pacino performance. Rather, she's a person who's been nearly worn down to a nub by life. Jean Smart plays Winslets mother and their chemistry is incredible as they portray a toxic parent/child relationship a lot of us can relate to.

One of the best things currently on television.
    I agree with everything above.

My quick take: imagine McNulty from The Wire, but as a woman, with a much more convoluted personal life, and a small town cop with too many ties to everyone. And no faking having it together. Mare can't be bothered.

The scene where she has a brutally honest conversation in a bar with another "supercop" was amazing and painful to watch. Imposter syndrome is a thing....
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I agree with everything above.

My quick take: imagine McNulty from The Wire, but as a woman, with a much more convoluted personal life, and a small town cop with too many ties to everyone. And no faking having it together. Mare can't be bothered.

The scene where she has a brutally honest conversation in a bar with another "supercop" was amazing and painful to watch. Imposter syndrome is a thing....
    Interesting. Based only on the show name and lead, I immediately lumped it in with all the BritBox stuff my wife likes to watch and have therefore ignored it completely.
    Will have to at least watch the trailer next time my insomnia kicks in.

Thanks.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I watched Season 1 of Upload over the past week or so. The concept is unique and I've enjoyed the comedy and whodunnit storyline, although it does get way too rom-com at times. Andy Allo is pretty easy on the eyes (and ears) too.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7826376/
    A man is able to choose his own afterlife after his untimely death by having his consciousness uploaded into a virtual world. As he gets used to his new life and befriends his angel (real world handler) questions about his death arise.
    If you can get past the romance stuff, I'd give it a 7/10, mostly for the concept.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Watched the latest Lucifers. Their theology makes little sense but the story is fun.

Tried to watch Tenet, supposed to be exciting with big action. However, it made little sense to me with the time reversal gimmick. Of course, in the beginning of the movie, our hero has a gun to a guy's head to make him talk and then racks it for effect. Hey, no round came out? How about dat?

Glad I didn't pay to watch it.

User Tag List