Page 602 of 822 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612652702 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 8211

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Seal Team, AKA As the Grenade Turns, is moving to Paramount+, some bullshit streaming service.

AMF to Jason Hayes and Bravo Team.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Mare of Easttown of HBO.

This is some of Kate Winslets best work, ever. It comes close to the first season of True Detective and that's saying something. It's a different story and a different vibe. It's more of a subtle, slow burn than True Detective, but everyone's firing on all cylinders performance wise. Winslet gives an incredibly layered performance as a small town detective with a ton of personal baggage, who's really beyond giving a shit about almost everything other than the case. It's not an over the top Scarface/Pacino performance. Rather, she's a person who's been nearly worn down to a nub by life. Jean Smart plays Winslets mother and their chemistry is incredible as they portray a toxic parent/child relationship a lot of us can relate to.

One of the best things currently on television.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 05-21-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Just go ahead and skip right past the smoke jumper Angelina Jolie version of Taken that is currently on HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Just go ahead and skip right past the smoke jumper Angelina Jolie version of Taken that is currently on HBO Max.
    My oldest son and I have started a tradition of bad movie Saturday night. We intentionally pick a bad movie and watch it while imbibing of our favorite spirits. It's actually quite entertaining. Last weekend this was our choice, considering the context it didn't disappoint.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I like both of those things (Jolie and Taken), but this movie did disappoint.

Just watched brawl in cell block 99 the other night. Same director who did bone tomahawk. Definitely did not disappoint. The violence and gore was pretty extreme and very brutal. The writing was good and the story was pretty bad ass. This director writes, Directs, and composes the music for his movies so they all are all unique. Definitely recommend if you aren't squeamish about extreme gore.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Seal Team, AKA As the Grenade Turns, is moving to Paramount+, some bullshit streaming service.

AMF to Jason Hayes and Bravo Team.
    FYI- Paramount+ is the new iteration of the CBS All Access streaming service and app.
    It automatically downloaded and replaced the old app on my iPad, causing a “WTF” moment for me, since I had never deliberately downloaded it. Now it stays, as an option to get my Blue Bloods “comfort food TV” fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Jupiter's Legacy. A take on superheroes with a debate on the debate of should you kill. Based on Batman and Superman refusing to and allowing lots of bad guys get away with mega killings repeatedly. Amusing but I wouldn't pay extra for it. Lots of plot holes. The heroes are all idiots. I like the villains better.
    I’ve watched, I think, two episodes so far. Not sure yet how I feel about it.

Seems like a kinder gentler The Boys so far, although the shock value of that show wore off and season two was kinda meh so maybe there’s hope for The Boys Lite.

On a related comic book note, I’m a few episodes in on Wu Assassins and really enjoying it.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Black Summer on Netflix, zombie prequel to Z Nation but not stupid. I find most of the Zombie shows like the walking dead to be stupid. Meet some zombies, meet a cult, run around, do it again. Shocking, beloved character gets killed.

This one is the beginning of the crisis and doesn't get ridiculous, yet. Fast zombies and the need for full auto in some neat close quarter H2Z shootouts. Folks learn to be ruthless pretty quickly. Yes, you should shoot the little kids.

What a predictable and boring piece of poo that movie is. Someone must have pulled up with a truckload of money to get Taylor Sheridan to put his name on this stinker.

Spoiler alert (as if this spoiled platter of rancid store-brand lunchmeat could be any more spoilt)….

When the assassins were threatening Bernthal's preggo wife with the red-hot poker, I was muttering "I can be reasonable" and my wife is replying "that time is passed". Then we both started humming the Indiana Jones theme as she lit up her tormentor with bear spray. Indy doesn't even show up. Sister is doing it for herself.

Typically, following such a stupid bit of filmmaking, one of us will comment "Obviously, COCAINE is still a big problem in Hollywood".

Rosco

User Tag List