Page 597 of 812 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    I have been binging Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. Love the music as a hard core high school thespian who sang a bit in college. It seems clear and it is reported that the actors are doing their own singing.

If you are a dad to daughter and can make it thru the entire pilot without a "coincidental accidental discharge of your POM or Sabre Red" such that you "inadvertently" tear up a bit, PM me and we can talk a serious discount on some grips.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Nobody, the ‘21 action flic with Bob Odenkirk.

Loved it. Kind of a cross between Home Alone and John Wick.

4 out of 5.

Zombieland: Double Tap

Look, I realize this is a zombie comedy, so the entire premise is pretty out there to begin with. I'm willing to not be very nit picky about details. But nothing in that movie made even the least bit of sense. I suppose it works as mindless entertainment, as long as you remember to switch your brain fully off. (Then again I was more than a little tired when we watched it and I was still constantly thinking how none of the events made any sense or how none of the stupid characters would have survived that far into the apocalypse.) But I certainly wouldn't go to any length of trouble to see this.

The Dead Don't Die

As far as zombie comedies go, I had much greater hopes for this one. I mean, a zombie movie with Bill Murray as the main character, a Sheriff of a small town. Wouldn't you want to watch it just because of that? Unfortunately, it just didn't work very well. The movie started rather slowly and ended abruptly, feeling more like half of a really slow and long movie than one complete one. Some of the jokes worked and it certainly was a little bit different as far as zombie movies go, so there was that. Still though, I spent half the movie amusing myself by comparing the movie world small town, population 735, with the actual world village I live near that has about 150 residents more and yet for some strange reason is still much smaller and has less services and businesses than the movie town. Oh and much shittier roads. The occasional American classic V8 on the road is accurate though, so at least they got that part right. Anyways, where was I... Oh yeah. Like I said, it seemed like an interesting movie but I felt a bit disappointed by it. The potential was there but the end result missed its mark somewhat.

Site Supporter
    Coded Bias on Netflix.
    While it starts a bit WOKE, it still covers some good (and frightening) information. Machine learning algorithms are in simpler terms, computers programming computers. This show refers to it as "Black Boxes," Nobody knows what's in them.
    It's ironic that in the original 1976 Westworld sequel Futureworld. The tech explains to another character that computers were writing the programs. No humans knew what was in them.
    They follow a Chinese girl who extolls the virtue of AI and facial recognition. She thinks it's marvelous that the Government's AI and Social scoring saver her the trouble of having to make decisions herself.
    It focuses on Facial recognition, but also mentions targeting based on ratings derived by Machine learning.
    The bias seems to come from modeling society as it is, not an intentional malicious decision.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 04-17-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Nobody, the ‘21 action flic with Bob Odenkirk.

Loved it. Kind of a cross between Home Alone and John Wick.

4 out of 5.
    I watched this last night, really fun and doesn't take itself seriously so it lets the viewer not take it too seriously either. Obviously over the top silly action in a few parts but kept at an enjoyable level instead of just being dumb. Odenkirk does a good turn as the badass older guy suburban dad who's really a super secret squirrel everyone fears.

However not being able to keep HK USP calibers straight annoyed me momentarily and i'm still confused about the goofy Challenger engine reference.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Mr. Jones (Hulu) - Based on the true story of Gareth Jones, a freelance reporter who managed to evade Soviet authorities to report on the man-made famine in Ukraine in 1933.

This felt like it should have been a mini-series, as it had to leave out a bunch of details for the sake of runtime and fluidity. As such, a lot of dots are left unconnected and it feels a little unfulfilling. But the movie is otherwise put together well and it's a peek at a piece of history I was almost entirely unfamiliar with.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I just watched Frankenfish. Not gonna lie, I didn’t hate it.

Decided to give Disney+ a try a couple months ago. Started out with Cool Runnings. Funny movie and apparently decently accurate to the actual events.

The I started watching Even Stevens because I use to watch it when I was in the target demographic and enjoyed it back then. It holds up alright.

Then I decided to get caught up on the Marvel movies. That was kinda painful. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 were enjoyable. Everything else I felt was pretty meh. Paul Rudd really helped me through the Ant Man movies. Evangeline Lilly didn't hurt either. Overall I felt validated in my lack of interest in the MCU.

I'm on to The Simpsons, about half way through the second season. I haven't kept up with the show for years so it'll be interesting to binge it and get a better sense of how it changed over time. I know there's a lot of retconning in the later seasons but they kinda have to. The show has been on for 30 years and the characters don't age. I haven't seen any of the episodes where that happens yet but it seems like something like that could be done deliberately and obviously as a joke so I hope they do.

Disney+ as a service, at least on PS4, is buggy as hell. I'll go to start the next episode and it says content not available so I have to restart the app to get it to work again. Had several crashes and glitches trying to get through the MCU. And for some reason German subtitles pop up to translate any text on the screen even though subtitles are off and set to English. The only way to make it stop is to select English subtitles and then turn it back to off. For every episode. Might want to hold off on that one for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Disney+ as a service, at least on PS4, is buggy as hell.
    It hasn't been quite that bad for me using Google Chrome on Linux Mint. The service did lose my watchlist for a couple of days once, and watching The Mandalorian it sometimes claimed I hadn't watched an episode that I had in fact already seen. But other than that it has worked fine.

My issue with Disney+ is that there's not a whole lot worth watching there. There's The Mandalorian, and Tombstone is always a good movie to watch, but other than that... Meh. Well, Futurama and Family Guy, but both of those are only funny half the time. Oh well, the girlfriend paid for that one, it's just happy coincidence there was something there we both liked to watch.

Site Supporter
    Not a TV show or movie, but this might be fun:

User Tag List