Page 595 of 817 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I started watching Deadwood, as many have recommended it. The cast is full of well known actors. That said, the first episode is boring me quite a bit. Does it get better, and if so, how far in?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I don't know if it is worth going to a theater. I wouldn't add HBO just for it. I have HBO as part of my cable/internet/phone package. I'm not adding a bunch of different services for just a show or two. I wonder if that model is viable. Netflix is the one we have over the cable package and it has lots of weird interesting things when I'm bored.
    Well, I went ahead and added HBO. I saw there were a few other things I wanted to watch, so I figured I would add it now and I can always cancel it down the road.

As for Godzilla versus Kong, it was entertaining enough. There’s nothing really rememberable about it. The story was a little over the top, but I guess that’s to be expected today with giant monsters. I think Kong looks better than ever. As for Godzilla, not his best incarnation in my opinion. Certainly it’s better than that 1998 shit show, but there was something very characteristic about the early films. Heck, I even think Shin Godzilla was cooler looking once he was fully formed and no longer looking like a worm.

Site Supporter
    I took my grandson to see Godzilla vs. Kong. It was escapist junk, pretty much what I expected, but he enjoyed it immensely so it was a win.

The best part for me was the fight between Godzilla and Kong in Hong Kong. Whoever envisioned it must be an older guy - it was studio wrestling realized in CGI.

Watched "Azorian" on Prime yesterday. It's about a massive covert undertaking to raise a lost Soviet sub. Excellent documentary.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I started watching Deadwood, as many have recommended it. The cast is full of well known actors. That said, the first episode is boring me quite a bit. Does it get better, and if so, how far in?
    I liked the series a lot but I liked the first episode. It may not be for you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Watched The Last Cruise on HBO. Way too short - at 40-minutes, it needs to be about three times longer to really do justice to everything that happened. However, it's still interesting to get a peek on board the ship and a reminder of how little we knew at the beginning of the pandemic.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Tried to watch Supergirl - stupid.

Saw that the Powerpuff Girls will have a live action series. I will have to check that out. How childish of me? I'm old enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Would have seen it years ago if it had been on Netfilx ever. Made a point a while back to watch every movie starring Eastwood, Selleck, Wayne, and several others. But since video stores haven't been a thing for years you have to rely on streaming services for the most part.
    Netflix still has its DVD service and it is both comprehensive and very reasonably priced.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Really wanted to like 'Lovecraft Country', but three hours in and the show can't hold my attention. Feels like an 'X-Files' "monster of the week": recurring characters pop in to hint at broader implications, but nothing else really ties the episodes together other than being weird.

Watched the first episode of 'The Head'. Seems like a pretty formulaic "horror at isolated outpost" deal, but we'll see how it goes.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I just watched Nobody. Okay it’s campy over the top violence like John Wick. Honestly the best $20 I’ve spent in a long time. The climatic battle had me roaring with laughter. I had no clue Christopher Lloyd was in the movie. He’s great!

You brought a lot of shotguns
    You brought a lot of Russians
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List