Page 579 of 819 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581589629679 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Bill Paxton was great. "Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged."

Emily Blunt was good. I would say great, but I've soured on her since I had to take out an restraining order on her for stalking me.

I liked how Cage initially tried to save the big guy on the beach from getting squashed. Once he figured out that guy's life was inconsequential to getting off the beach he quit trying to save him.
    Bill Paxton was great in this movie. Tip of the spear Edge of the knife Crack of my ass!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Edge Of Tomorrow: Live, Die, Repeat
    Not usually a scifi fan, but this movie was one of the best written movies I’ve seen in a while. I’m going as far as saying it’s one of Tom Cruises best movies. I’m usually pretty hard on him; he’s a good actor but tends to be the same character in every movie. In this one we see him actually grow into the main character and have a lot more buy-in when he saves the day.

Basic premise: he gets trapped in a time loop where he dies in a Normandy-esque battle against an invading extraterrestrial species but restarts the day each time he dies. He’s got to save the world before this power runs out.

10/10 would recommend and watch again. Rental on Amazon and worth it.
    One hundred percent agree! I bought it and I don’t know how many times I’ve watched it. The book it’s based on is very good too.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    ...Huh. Well, I'll be.

I'm no fan of Tom Cruise, I dislike time travel stories and the idea of a movie where the same things repeat over and over and over again sounds bloody tedious. And yet, I quite liked that movie. Absolutely recommended!

Except that you don't, really. I mean you can kind of see him get shot in the head a couple of times but that's about it. You do, however, get to see his slick public relations character get properly put in his place at the very beginning of the movie. And as my not a Tom Cruise fan girlfriend pointed out, that alone made the movie worth watching.
    Umm hit by enemy fire, blown up, crushed by crashing aircraft, hit by speeding Humvee, crushed by a lorrie

The Expanse, Season 5

I'm enjoying Expanse Season 5 as much as the other seasons, though I'm not certain how they're going to wrap up the story in the next two to four episodes and not leave a major cliffhanger. This season seems more focused on the background stories of the main characters' lives before the series picks up. Awesome special effects as always. Without giving away any major plot details, it does look like they're building up to some kind of epic firefight in the last couple episodes.

I hope Amazon taking over production of The Expanse and Jeff Bezos' apparent personal affection for the series will mean more future seasons.

Watched midsommar for the second time the other night. Thats definitely one of my favorite horror movies of the decade allong with hereditary. Last night I watched possessor directed by Brandon Cronenberg (son of David cronenberg) it was good overall. Ending was a bit convoluted to me but I really like the female lead. She was in mandy (fucking awesome movie) and zero zero zero, pf member turned me on to that one and it was also very good.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Umm hit by enemy fire, blown up, crushed by crashing aircraft, hit by speeding Humvee, crushed by a lorrie
    But you don't really see most of that. It's all "here's Tom Cruise running, a truck flashes by, and he wakes up at the almost beginning of the movie again". You have to imagine all of the carnage.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Walker, Texas Ranger (the reboot)
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Production values seemed kind of Hallmark/Lifetime-ish.
    Without the drippy piano music, though.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

We watched Rebel Without a Cause this weekend with that Jimmy Dean guy.

Really enjoyed the movie and Dean did a nice job acting and Natalie Wood was brilliant and beautiful.

The wife and I try to hit a classic once a month and weren’t disappointed for sure.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Gotta give credit where credit is due. Locke & Key on Netflix was a nice surprise. I’m not into shows about magic and not into Sci Fi as a rule. Buuut, I’m extremely down for well written shows where everything is fully developed. Locke is a series that watches like a movie. Well written, cast, and directed. I was so happy the writers went light on the normal conventions I hate in most shows about magic, monsters, etc. I usually am criticizing the characters for making unrealistic decisions or thinking “hmm, that’s not scary, it’s stupid.” And nothing is extra or wasted. For example, there’s no character introduced that isn’t functional to the story for more than just exposition. The scenes involving magic are in no way hokey, and made as much sense as magic can. Everything was believable. Listed as horror, but more of a suspense thriller; definitely a horror vibe in the creepy scenes though. I hate when the scary monsters driving the suspense are never fleshed out to make the audience afraid of them (looking at you, Lost and last season of Stranger Things) The two “Monsters” in Locke are pretty well done and all effects were on point.

I’m not very well explaining how the show hits above its weight, so if you have seen it and agree (or disagree) I’m excited about discussing it. My wife heard the suspense music and when I told her it was about magic, she was like “Nuuuupe”, so I’m getting no dialogue here!

Season two should be out Q2 2021, and I’m definitely re-watching season one to prep when it comes out.

Watched Buckaroo Banzai with the Offspring. First time I had seen it in decades, but I had talked it up, so...

We were all disappointed. I remembered it being wittier and... zanier. It was neither. Oh well, nostalgia can't cure everything (I'm still ahead as far as movies from my childhood go: Offspring agree that both Bill & Ted movies, Last Starfighter, Princess Bride, and Big Trouble in Little China were all worth seeing.)
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List