Page 578 of 819 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Also, sounds like I should look into “Dead Man’s Walk”.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_M...lk?wprov=sfti1

Strong recommend.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    After reading Lonesome Dove a couple of times, I read all the books in the order that they would have been in chronologically based upon the characters. It was worth the ride.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    ...and presently Corner Gas. I watch about two episodes an evening before lights out. Don't have to think, just enjoy.
    I discovered Corner Gas a few months ago and really just love it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    After reading Lonesome Dove a couple of times, I read all the books in the order that they would have been in chronologically based upon the characters. It was worth the ride.
    That’s my plan now. Read them through the first time in chronological order.

Warrior - Based on the Writings of Bruce Lee on HBO Max
    From what I've read, Bruce Lee submitted an 8 page script that was possibly for a movie and that's where the title tag comes from and his daughter, Shannon Lee, approved the series. The main character definitely shows Lee-like attributes in much of his fighting and mannerisms. While there's some high flying woo, there's also a lot of wonderful fight scenes. Lots of nudity and swearing, not sure we'll make it into the second season, but definitely enjoying season one as a time killer.

The Rhythm Section with Blake Lively and Jude Law.

2020 release, hadn't heard of it, free on Prime, stars Blake Lively...why not give it a chance on a Saturday night? Because it's friggin awful would be the answer. Time would've been better spent watching Atomic Blond or Peppermint again and that's no kind of recommendation for anything mentioned in this post.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Walker, Texas Ranger (the reboot)

My roomie and I watched the pilot. Mostly meh.

Anyway, don't the Rangers carry Sigs of some flavor? These guys had 1911s.

Spoiler Alert

The show started out with Walker and his wife being all lovey-dovey. My roomie said she wasn't going to watch the show if it had a boatload of romance. I said not to worry, that my bet was that they were going to whack her. And they did. There's not much drama to be had with a married couple with two normal kids.

There was a subtle dig at Ranger history, too. Walker's partner is a Latina who has been promoted up from the state cops. She mentioned that while her mother was fine with her being a copy, she regarded her daughter going onto the Rangers as almost an act of treason.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

My wife and I finished Counterpart last night. Occasional moments of bad gunhandling and only semi-necessary sex scenes aside, it was a series with a fairly interesting premise that made me wonder about how I would behave in similar circumstances. I thought it was quite good overall, and I'd recommend watching it if you're interested in a series that explores an alternate present day based on splitting off from our past during the period right before the Berlin wall came down with a significant sci-fi twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I discovered Corner Gas a few months ago and really just love it.
    We stumbled upon it on vacation in Canada years ago. I think it is one of the funniest shows ever made. Anyone interested in comedy should watch the first two episodes of season 1 - it is free on Amazon Prime with commercials. If you are not hooked after the "Tax Man' episode (I think it is the S1E2) it may not be for you. I describe it as 'The Andy Griffith Show' combined with 'Seinfeld.'
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Walker, Texas Ranger (the reboot)

Production values seemed kind of Hallmark/Lifetime-ish. FWIW, while I don't mind Coby Bell in the role, and I only watched the occasional epoxide of the original series, my druther would have been for Clarence Gilyard to reprise his role as Trivette for the Captain. I just like it when they do stuff like that.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List