Page 575 of 819 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625675 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We are about halfway into the first season of Designated Survivor. I don’t think we will even be able to finish the season.

I’ve been slowly trying to finish season two of The Umbrella Academy. I really loved Season one and was totally unfamiliar with the story, but I’m having a hard time staying interested in season two.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    We are about halfway into the first season of Designated Survivor. I don’t think we will even be able to finish the season.

I’ve been slowly trying to finish season two of The Umbrella Academy. I really loved Season one and was totally unfamiliar with the story, but I’m having a hard time staying interested in season two.
    Designated Survivor was decent until they got to the gun control episode, then it was obvious the politics of the writers took over.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Designated Survivor was decent until they got to the gun control episode, then it was obvious the politics of the writers took over.
    I remember starting it and quitting it for some reason, probably enough signaling early that I was able to predict the future. I have started to tap out fast on stuff, sometimes on movies, but for sure on a series that has many more episodes and seasons. There is just too much other stuff out there I haven't seen and plenty of stuff I would be willing to watch again, like KOTH.

Site Supporter
    Tenet - If you like Christopher Nolan's films you'll enjoy this one. I have been watching youtube video's explaining it. I'll watch it again someday when it's free to watch.
    --Jason--

Just released today!

Richard Ramirez freaked out many California residents in the 80's, my wife is hesitant to watch it since she remembers this as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I remember starting it and quitting it for some reason, probably enough signaling early that I was able to predict the future. I have started to tap out fast on stuff, sometimes on movies, but for sure on a series that has many more episodes and seasons. There is just too much other stuff out there I haven't seen and plenty of stuff I would be willing to watch again, like KOTH.
    IIRC, there was a story arc involving an annoying, whiny, step son that made me want to go Elvis on the TV.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

For those signing up for HBO-MAX, season three of Gomorrah is coming on January 21st (seasons 1-2 are already available). Supposedly season four will follow, as well as L'Immortale (the movie bridging seasons four and the upcoming season five).

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

That's excellent news, @JSGlock34. Thanks for posting that. We have HBO on DirecTV and HBO Max on our fire TV. Been looking forward to this, hopefully it won't disappoint.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Please, sir, may I say how much I enjoyed the present rendition of 'All Creatures Great and Small.'
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Edge Of Tomorrow: Live, Die, Repeat
    Not usually a scifi fan, but this movie was one of the best written movies I’ve seen in a while. I’m going as far as saying it’s one of Tom Cruises best movies. I’m usually pretty hard on him; he’s a good actor but tends to be the same character in every movie. In this one we see him actually grow into the main character and have a lot more buy-in when he saves the day.

Basic premise: he gets trapped in a time loop where he dies in a Normandy-esque battle against an invading extraterrestrial species but restarts the day each time he dies. He’s got to save the world before this power runs out.

10/10 would recommend and watch again. Rental on Amazon and worth it.

User Tag List