Page 573 of 817 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Really enjoyed Adam Carolla's Shelby documentary. Filled in a lot of gaps in the above. I'm an old car guy and had no idea how successful a racer he was prior to giving in up due to his heart.
    Thanks for this, I was not aware of it being out there. I also tend to like Adam Carolla.

Site Supporter
    I just caught "The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer" 1947.
    I try not to judge historical works by modern standards. But this must have seemed a little sketchy even in 1947. Basically court order pedophilia.

From IDBM:
    A high school girl falls for a playboy artist, with screwball results.

Cary Grant plays Dick Nugent. I don't recall them ever mentioning his age, but it's going to be late 30s or 40s. Shirley Temple is 17-year-old Susan Turner. In a rather ridiculous plot, Dick is ordered by Susan's sister (who happens to be a judge) to date Susan. It's hard to imagine the innocence that would allow somebody to think this is funny rather than creepy.

Site Supporter
    The Watch - this is a police force in a fantasy world city based on the Disc World books. On BBC America. The initial reviews were negative. I found it boring and the characters unappealing or interesting.

I like the Disc World books, haven't read the latest ones, too many of them. The world on a turtle is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I just caught "The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer" 1947.
    I try not to judge historical works by modern standards. But this must have seemed a little sketchy even in 1947. Basically court order pedophilia.

From IDBM:
    A high school girl falls for a playboy artist, with screwball results.

Cary Grant plays Dick Nugent. I don't recall them ever mentioning his age, but it's going to be late 30s or 40s. Shirley Temple is 17-year-old Susan Turner. In a rather ridiculous plot, Dick is ordered by Susan's sister (who happens to be a judge) to date Susan. It's hard to imagine the innocence that would allow somebody to think this is funny rather than creepy.
    What were the standards in Texas back then?
    Lawyer friend used to always rib me, 17 and a day, because I was mistaken for someone much younger and even a few years ago, had someone around my age, try to set me up with their daughter.

Just watched I See You. It’s a slow burn, but worth it IMO. 4 out of 5 stars for me.

Hardest part though was, as someone who crushed on Helen Hunt many years back, she isn’t looking well.

Just finished up The Mandalorian.

7/10, at best.

Doubt I'll watch the third season(it's the only thing on Disney I was interested in)

Is it just me, or is everyone in the Star Wars universe just a little bit stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Just finished up The Mandalorian.

7/10, at best.

Doubt I'll watch the third season(it's the only thing on Disney I was interested in)

Is it just me, or is everyone in the Star Wars universe just a little bit stupid?
    Yes. Next question?

Longer answer: it's dramatic stupidity.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Watching 30 Coin, on HBO. It is a supernatural thriller from Spain. Based on the powers of the 30 pieces of silver, the price for Jesus. If you read the Harry Dresden books, these are bad news. This show makes Dresden look like Sesame Street. I'm a grown up, with significant weaponry close at hand and it scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    What do you mean, "a little bit"? I mean, it's a universe with casual interstellar travel, yet a couple of robots draw so much power that they have to be stored powered down and small arms technology doesn't seem to have evolved past WWII level of Earth tech.

Still though, if you ignore the bits that don't make any sense Mandalorian is a very entertaining space western. There are not nearly enough westerns available on streaming services.

Speaking of entertaining, Sniper: Legacy was surprisingly so, although not the way I imagine the makers of that, er, movie intended. A very brainless action flik with some sniperesque gobbletygook mixed in, but absolutely nothing makes a lick of sense. (I did learn though that apparently sprinting is a very important skill for a sniper. Seems sniping is about 90% done by sprinting while holding onto a really big rifle. Somehow the basic sniper class I took omitted this entirely. Perhaps I should complain to the instructors? ) IMDB score is 5,3 which seems very generous. Recommended for people with a basic understanding of long range marksmanship, a large liquor stash and a strange sense of humor. If you are really weird and/or tired enough, you might even enjoy it sober. But I'm sure a healthy dose of alcohol helps.

"Your Honor" on Showtime. A serious WTF waste of time. Beyond absurd on virtually every level.

You've been warned.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List