Page 572 of 818 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter

News of the World

We watched News of the World in a real theater tonight. A total of nine souls were present. My wife and I both found it excellent. The movie vividly conveys the brutality of post Civil War life on the Texas frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    We watched News of the World in a real theater tonight. A total of nine souls were present. My wife and I both found it excellent. The movie vividly conveys the brutality of post Civil War life on the Texas frontier.
    I'll just add that while I have not seen the movie, the book was a very good (short) read. Reminds one of "True Grit" to some extent for its deceptively simple, straightforward story line.

I look forward to seeing the film version when it comes to HBO, Netflix or similar.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

quarantine marathon viewing:

Rewatched Ford vs. Ferrari. One of my favorite movies.

Really enjoyed Adam Carolla's Shelby documentary. Filled in a lot of gaps in the above. I'm an old car guy and had no idea how successful a racer he was prior to giving in up due to his heart.

Rewatched Rush, another favorite

Binged through Netflix's Formula 1: Drive to Survive. This was a pleasant surprise as I gave up following F1 a few years ago. The behind the scenes look was interesting if sometimes hard to watch, like the entire Williams episode. My wife mentioned the extent to which Daniel Bruhl nailed Niki Lauda's accent for Rush.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    The Midnight Sky on Netflix.
    3 of 5 stars.

From IMDB:
    This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine, a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully and her fellow astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe.

I'll give it 3 stars on cinematography and performances. It's an emotional tale with a twist you see coming. You know about the surprise and would be disappointed if it hadn't turned out. I don't think it's supposed to be a surprise. I think the writers intentionally include the viewer in the "secret" and that added to my enjoyment. The set design is beautiful and the scenery alone is worth 3 stars.
    The story line itself isn't bad, but the scientific impossibilities make it hard to really enjoy. You will need your "suspension of disbelief" set on high.
    Agreed - I watched it last night. Like you say - predictable. Could not help but see the obvious SJW Clooney "we destroyed the world" undertone. Seems looong too.

Site Supporter
    Finally got to watch season 3 of Get Shorty.
    It was only 7 episodes and definitely felt rushed, but if you're a fan of S1 and S2, you'll enjoy S3.
    I was disappointed when Showtime (?) sent it over to EPix, but now Amazon has all 3 seasons for free with Prime.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Fell asleep during the new episode of Dr. Pol. In his first year, he and his family would go shoot stuff from their porch. Rifles, handguns, etc. Not so much now, not PC I suppose.

Wife and I started watching The Expanse this week. A little slow at first but finally got to a point where stuff started coming together and getting interesting.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Wife and I started watching The Expanse this week. A little slow at first but finally got to a point where stuff started coming together and getting interesting.
    Agreed - it starts slow but once you get an orientation on the characters/culture seems to take off

Site Supporter
    Wife and I finished Ted Lasso last night. We both loved it. It shouldn't be good, but it is. It sounds like the plot Major League (ex-wife of former English football team owner gets the team in the divorce settlement, then hires American football coach in order to tank her husband's team just to spite him), but really isn't. All the characters and actors are terrific. Everything about it is terrific. It's really funny, fairly foul-mouthed, but really wholesome at the same time.

Site Supporter
    Binged Cobra Kai S3. As a child of the 80s, I enjoyed it very much.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List