Page 560 of 820 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610660 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I'm several episodes in on "Letterkenny" (on Hulu). Canadian humor. Many laugh-out-loud moments. Recommended.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    I'm several episodes in on "Letterkenny" (on Hulu). Canadian humor. Many laugh-out-loud moments. Recommended.
    Stop watching after about season 3.

Site Supporter
    Valley of Tears on HBOMax - Israeli series about the Oct. 73 war. First episode is exciting. I had a friend in grad school from Israel. Had to go back. Got hit in his armored vehicle. Came back and showed us his scars and the shrapnel they took out of him.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The movie Greyhound with Tom Hanks, on a free trial of Apple+ TV.

So I didn't enjoy this film, which is weird because I am a WWII history nut. It felt like it was missing about 30 minutes of content. There was no real character development, no attempt to portray the story from the other side, no chance to understand what motivated the character, really, other than his religious beliefs. It felt very flat. On the warfighting: I felt like I was watching a decent CGI portrayal of a Drachinifel YouTube Video. The aerial view of "here is where the ships are" scenes were uniformly portrayed, the sea was a constant predictable computer generated looking turmoil.

2 out of 5 stars.
    The book ("The Good Shepherd" by CS Forester) was quite good -- you might like it. I read it this fall, and it made the movie a little better. The book is still one-sided, but it had a better, more realistic feel to it than the movie.

I rented "Fatman" the other night. It was a good distraction, nothing great, and probably not worth the rental fee, but at least it was something a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    It was a movie, no season. The movie was predictable after the first 5 minutes and the blurb describing it. I did like the Karen punch out and the threat to burn the MacMansion down joke.
    No one ever admits they are wrong. I get that. I didn't expect you to apologize, but I also didn't expect you to double down and justify your actions either. I just hope you don't do it again.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've been watching the Archer season where they are in space. It's been pretty good so far. Pam is some sort of rock monster for this one. Mallory and Ray don't seem to get much attention this season so far, though.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post

Rosco
    I have rewatched the entire series multiple times. It is very much my thing.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I have rewatched the entire series multiple times. It is very much my thing.
    I enjoyed several episodes of the first season...then I'd pretty much had my fill.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I've been watching a British show on Hulu. "In The Flesh." It's a post post-apocalypse "Zombie" movie. I almost stopped after the first episode, but they though in a twist at the end that caused me to give it another look.
    It's got a unique angle. Years after the apocalypse, somebody develops a treatment that stops those with PDS (Partially Deceased Syndrome) from killing. They are no longer feral. But it's a treatment, not a cure. They still look like corpses. They have to take a shot every day. The show focuses on the problems of trying to reintegrate into society. Many of them have killed in their "untreated" state. Sometimes family.
    Only 6 episodes in one season at the moment, but if they add a second season, I'll watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I've been watching a British show on Hulu. "In The Flesh." It's a post post-apocalypse "Zombie" movie. I almost stopped after the first episode, but they though in a twist at the end that caused me to give it another look.
    It's got a unique angle. Years after the apocalypse, somebody develops a treatment that stops those with PDS (Partially Deceased Syndrome) from killing. They are no longer feral. But it's a treatment, not a cure. They still look like corpses. They have to take a shot every day. The show focuses on the problems of trying to reintegrate into society. Many of them have killed in their "untreated" state. Sometimes family.
    Only 6 episodes in one season at the moment, but if they add a second season, I'll watch it.
    I see that it's available on Prime. I'll check it out. Thanks.

User Tag List