Page 559 of 819 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609659 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 8190

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I just discovered Mindhunter on Netflix. I see there's a thread on it from 2017. Great characters and some very good acting.
    You would like this:
    https://www.audible.com/pd/Mindhunte...ook/B074Q1L6J6

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Nice! In the queue. Thanks!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Nice! In the queue. Thanks!
    Be forewarned that it is descriptive and explicit regarding murder and torture, and they are true stories. But they really did do the stunt with the shoes!

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Challenger: The Final Flight (Netflix) - I found the first episode a little off-putting, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Great breadth of interviews from family, friends, astronauts, administrators, and engineers, as well as a good overview of the technical failure. Hearing the account of the fateful "management hat" conference call from people who were in the room - including Lawrence Mulloy, the NASA official frequently singled out for blame for pushing the launch ahead - was really something.

Worth a watch for space buffs or anyone who remembers it happening.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Mandalorian. The Disney execs should really just turn that team loose on the whole franchise; it would make the Marvel success seem tame in 3 films.

But seriously, even if you don’t love Star Wars, who can’t get behind some Lone Wolf and Cub inspired space western?

The repeat appearances of my screen girlfriend, Gina Carano, coaxed me into revisiting Haywire as its on Netflix. If you dig movies that have a focus on subterfuge and (at least the notion of, im no pro and don’t know real TTPs for spy shit) tradecraft like Ronin, give it a spin. It’s a movie that kinda flew under the radar but is chock full of legit awesome actors too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    A bit of a 2018 rehash but I just stumbled onto Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. I am flirting w S3.

15-20 ish minutes per episode max. Tough to hate both the interviewee and the car, perhaps one but not the other.

Seeing Rickles begat finding some youtubes of Rickles doing Roasts and his Reagan Inauguration performance. Wow.

I am going to finish it out as that is what I do when I binge.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    I just binge watched beforeigners on HBO/ Prime. I enjoyed it. It is a sci-fi cop show in Oslo Norway with time travel and murders. Warning - it is in Norwegian with subtitles, but it has Vikings and shield maidens so I stuck with it. It even has some funny dialogue like when the pagan shield maiden who time traveled from 1000 AD to present day says that modern feminine products are like having a soft kitten in her underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I just binge watched beforeigners on HBO/ Prime. I enjoyed it. It is a sci-fi cop show in Oslo Norway with time travel and murders. Warning - it is in Norwegian with subtitles, but it has Vikings and shield maidens so I stuck with it. It even has some funny dialogue like when the pagan shield maiden who time traveled from 1000 AD to present day says that modern feminine products are like having a soft kitten in her underwear.
    There will be a season 2: HBO Europe Confirms Beforeigners Season Two

It's unclear when it will come out though.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The movie Greyhound with Tom Hanks, on a free trial of Apple+ TV.

So I didn't enjoy this film, which is weird because I am a WWII history nut. It felt like it was missing about 30 minutes of content. There was no real character development, no attempt to portray the story from the other side, no chance to understand what motivated the character, really, other than his religious beliefs. It felt very flat. On the warfighting: I felt like I was watching a decent CGI portrayal of a Drachinifel YouTube Video. The aerial view of "here is where the ships are" scenes were uniformly portrayed, the sea was a constant predictable computer generated looking turmoil.

2 out of 5 stars.

Molly's Game

Starring the lovely Jessica Chastaine and Idris Elba tells the story of a young woman who gets drawn into the world of running high stakes Poker games.

A well told character study of a young woman of considerable grit and wits.

Recommended.

User Tag List