Page 558 of 820 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608658 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Manhunt: Deadly Games dropped on Netflix today. It's a series about Richard Jewell and the railroad job the feds tried to do to him. Hopefully it's better than the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Noteworthy for some decent Q Honey Badger work though!

I kind of liked where the movie goes full circle and she punches the "Karen" that her daughter told her she should punch, and so forth.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Peppermint - with Jennifer Garner

Standard female had some horror and trains up to be John Wick, peak human, super soldier. Then seeks revenge. All her shots to COM were one shot kills. Her punches took down big strong men.

Stupid but mildly amusing. After killing dozens, she is finally captured and put in the hospital, cuffed to the bed. A detective slips her a handcuffs key and she escapes for a sequel.
    You should probably had put a spoiler warning (or just not given away the whole season).

Watched "Southland" (5 seasons) on HBO-NOW. The series is about LAPD cops. The first season is really strong. They get subsequently worse.

My wife complained that it was choppy/jumped around. That's one of the things I liked about it.

I stuck with it until the end. Given that it's cold outside and you can't get reloading components, I don't begrudge it the time.

Rosco

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    You should probably had put a spoiler warning (or just not given away the whole season).
    It was a movie, no season. The movie was predictable after the first 5 minutes and the blurb describing it. I did like the Karen punch out and the threat to burn the MacMansion down joke.

Oh, Spoiler Alert - in upcoming Batman movies, Batman never kills the Joker.

Watching Star Trek Discovery, 1st season - it's ok. Spoiler - FTL drives powered by multidimensional mushrooms - seems a little silly. Tried getting the organic mushrooms in my fridge to teleport my and it didn't work. I ate them in a salad.

Watching Forged in Fire - it will KEAL. They dance around social distancing, I noticed. Some of the 'smiths' just seem unexperienced hobbyists while some really know their stuff. I like it. My wife really doesn't like Doug, says that he scares her. I like him. If she watches an episode, then I have to watch one of those weird couples buying a house show.

Last night the dog went apeshit over something outside at 130 am, it ended up being Elk in the backyard, then I couldn't go back to sleep.

So, I watched Ava on Netflix. Really bad feminist version of a John Wick ripoff.

By comparison, Peppermint is much better.

I just discovered Mindhunter on Netflix. I see there's a thread on it from 2017. Great characters and some very good acting.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    It was a movie, no season. The movie was predictable after the first 5 minutes...
    I concur. Anyone who has watched any of what Hollywood is now branding as "revenge thrillers" would likely not be surprised by any of the "plot twists" and the only thing that really caught my eye was the Honey Badger. Probably says something that I got more of the wants for a suppressed SBR than Alias chick.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I concur. Anyone who has watched any of what Hollywood is now branding as "revenge thrillers" would likely not be surprised by any of the "plot twists" and the only thing that really caught my eye was the Honey Badger. Probably says something that I got more of the wants for a suppressed SBR than Alias chick.
    Non-concur.

He was being inconsiderate and when called out on it, he begged the question.

Put a spoiler tag on it.

Here's the best four minutes of Peppermint if you just want the Honey Badger action.

And the premise is basically The Punisher but with Jennifer Garner. I was entertained.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List