Page 551 of 817 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Watched the season premier of Big Sky. I think that the show is aiming to be quirky, but they scored a direct hit on awful.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Haywire wasn't terrible.
    Enjoyed it. Watching her kick Channing's butt in the diner was satisfying. Multiple demonstrations of the down sides to single point slings was confirmation bias bliss. And the front kick to Fassbender, the one that looked like she probably killed him, was delicious.

I was happy to see her pop up as Mando's pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It jumps the shark when Adrien Brody tries to play a Chicago gangster. Forget the season.
    Good to know, Thanks! I enjoy the lady playing the family matriarch. She’s got a set.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Haywire wasn't terrible.
    Hey, I liked Haywire, thought she did a good job.

Her subsequent movies, not so much. (Haven't watched The Mandalorian.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    I have been watching sumo and Japanese food documentaries on NHK demand. Quite relaxing and a hobby. Better than politics. How you catch and cook some weird transparent little fish - interesting. Fat guys pushing each other around - fun. They are fat looking but there is strength there.

"To The Lake" is a Russian miniseries picked up by Netflex about a pandemic that's causing people to get sick and act like zombies. It's not totally terrible, but suffers from the problem most zombie apocalypse media suffers from: zombies aren't the real problem, it's the infighting and the results of the often idiotic decisions by various members of the group of post-apocalyptic survivors that cause most of the problems. I'm half done with it so I'll probably finish it, but I'm sort of "meh" on recommending it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    "To The Lake" is a Russian miniseries picked up by Netflex about a pandemic that's causing people to get sick and act like zombies. It's not totally terrible, but suffers from the problem most zombie apocalypse media suffers from: zombies aren't the real problem, it's the infighting and the results of the often idiotic decisions by various members of the group of post-apocalyptic survivors that cause most of the problems. I'm half done with it so I'll probably finish it, but I'm sort of "meh" on recommending it.
    The voice-overs for the actors speaking Russian made it unwatchable for us. Bailed before the end of the first episode.

All voice-overs are unbearable... There is an option to use subtitles, so problem sorted. Although that doesn't solve the issue with the main characters, of course.

Kill Me Three Times is an amusing Australian crime comedy movie. I recommend watching it.

Site Supporter
    Peter Sellers did a movie satirizing voiceovers, What's Up, Tiger Lily?.

I had already decided that "Yellowstone" didn't sound like a good show or one that we would enjoy, but last night we watched about half of the first episode on the Paramount Movie Network which is showing the first three seasons, (with brutally long commercial interruptions), and...I was right, the show is absolutely abysmal.

Every character is a caricature of a caricature...if it was any more wooden or cookie cutter it'd be consigned to a Franklin stove where it would meet an appropriate demise as it went up in smoke.

Did I mention it stinks? Two clothespins. The second in case the first one falls off.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List