Page 544 of 819 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Thanks to previous recommendations for “Knives out”, had a great time watching it with friends last night. Especially got a kick out of seeing Don Johnson, and hearing Daniel Craig’s version of a southern accent.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I got an Amazon Prime membership a bit back when Navy Federal was offering to reimburse the fees (which they did, and actually $10 more then I paid so I'm making money to have Prime...) but just now got around to checking out the video service.

"Good Omens", which is based on a book I remember quite liking but having read it so long ago not remembering much beyond the highlights, is the first thing that jumped out at me. I've watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. It's a humorous take on an angel and demon working together to stop Armageddon from occurring. The guy from Mad Men is Gabriel, and they kind of give a little shout out to that in a scene where he's saying he doesn't understand an angel who enjoys human food but (touches lapels) "I do like the clothes..."
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I got an Amazon Prime membership a bit back when Navy Federal was offering to reimburse the fees (which they did, and actually $10 more then I paid so I'm making money to have Prime...) but just now got around to checking out the video service.

"Good Omens", which is based on a book I remember quite liking but having read it so long ago not remembering much beyond the highlights, is the first thing that jumped out at me. I've watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. It's a humorous take on an angel and demon working together to stop Armageddon from occurring. The guy from Mad Men is Gabriel, and they kind of give a little shout out to that in a scene where he's saying he doesn't understand an angel who enjoys human food but (touches lapels) "I do like the clothes..."
    I thoroughly enjoyed that series.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I've been watching "New Tricks" on Prime.

It is a British police show with some humor thrown in. Retired detectives brought in to create an unsolved crimes task force. Three older guys with a feisty, attractive female boss.

There are twelve seasons. I am about midway in season 5 and it's kept my interest.
    @O4L

We watched the pilot last night. It was entertaining and engaging enough to keep it on our watch list. Thanks for mentioning it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've put "Queen's Gambit" on the to be watched list. Seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews.

Looks like several shows we have watched will be returning in the next few weeks. Feast or famine.
    The wife and I caught the first couple of episodes Sunday. Good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I got an Amazon Prime membership ... but just now got around to checking out the video service.
    One thing I like about Prime Video is there are movies that are available for rent or purchase, so if there is something that is too new to be free you can pay a few bucks and watch it, just like we did at Blockbuster, or if it something you want in your library, you can buy it, just like we did when we used to buy discs. Often that makes some titles available that wouldn't otherwise be. Also, I think they have more titles that can be downloaded, so they can be local on a laptop if you are not on Wi-Fi, like traveling or in a remote area.

ETA: This is also something I do not like about it, you will see something that you might wanna see, but not rent. Oh well...

@Hambo

Wife and I watched last night's "Fargo" and at the end she looked at me and said: "well that's an episode we could have skipped without missing anything".

You were spot on.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Hambo

Wife and I watched last night's "Fargo" and at the end she looked at me and said: "well that's an episode we could have skipped without missing anything".

You were spot on.
    Well, we kind've knew what Josto's game was going to be re:Gaetano. But there was character development on Lloyd Cannon--we see how deeply last episode's death affected him, his commitment to his principles, and now the "card" betrayal. He's under incredible strain, and I think that's interesting for a character that hasn't been under very much pressure. I think he's going to begin unraveling, and that that unraveling is going to create Mike Milligan.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Currently watching The Queens Gambit. A show about chess??? It's enthralling, well filmed, and a good story. Doesn't hurt that Anya Taylor-Joy is a stunningly beautiful woman.
    We just finished this a couple of nights ago. The wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last night, we watched, The Devil All The Time. It's sort of Rural Gothic with Cormac McCarthy vibes and follows the intersecting lives of families living in post-WWII Ohio/WV.

Truth Seekers was fun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List