Page 542 of 817 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    "Human Nature" on Netflix. It's a documentary on genetic engineering. It focuses on CRISPER (Clustered Regularly Interspaced short Palindromic Repeats) and the Cas9 protein.
    The genie is out of the bottle. Governments and boards can have all the meetings and issue all the decrees they want, China and/or Russia will make genetically modified soldiers with enhanced strength, stamina, and without fear or pain. Put a fork in it, it's a done deal They WILL DO IT. China has already made modifications to germline cells in twin girls.
    IF it were possible to stop super soldiers by sacrificing the end of cancer, it might be a talk worth having. But we cant. We WILL see super soldiers from Russia/China/Some third world toilet with at few smart guys. So why not at least get the benefit of ending debilitating genetic disease?
    Super tough guys is one thing in the age of drone and precision artillery...what about supersmart?

Go at AI via the meat route.

If you've read Peter Watts Blindsight, he posits genetically resurrected vampires-apex predators of Homo Sapiens. Able to out-think us in umpteen dimensions.

Richard Morgan did a post Human protagonist in Thirteen, Supersoldier, supersmart, utterly without compunction.

The next century or so is gonna be rough sledding for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Season 11 of Archer is a real return to form. We're five episodes in and having a lot of fun with it.
    I just re-watched the first few seasons of Archer, back when they were ISIS and was reminded just how funny that show used to be. I still liked all of the later episodes but it kind of felt like it was losing it's way. It's good to see them getting back to the show's roots.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I finally got to watch the first season of Mandalorian. It was pretty okay. The low tech weaponry along with casual interstellar travel doesn't really make a whole lot of sense (Amongst other things... Well, it's not like anything in the Star Wars universe is logical. ), but since they seemed to be going for a western-ish feel the low tech weapons help with that. And since there is an extreme shortage of westerns these days, as the meme goes "I'll allow it".

In the second episode of "Peaky Blinders," the Pikers (Gypsies) leave a cartridge as a declaration of war. It looked to me like a half length .45ACP. Does anybody know what it was?
    .455 Webley?

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032
    I just re-watched the first few seasons of Archer, back when they were ISIS and was reminded just how funny that show used to be. I still liked all of the later episodes but it kind of felt like it was losing it's way. It's good to see them getting back to the show's roots.
    Yes, the new season is definitely refreshing. Although last season's finale gave me the feels and made me excite for the show again.

Ratched on Netflix is pretty good so far.
    #RESIST

Just finished season-1, of Dr. Who (2005 revival) we enjoyed it and no commercial/political interruptions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Ratched on Netflix is pretty good so far.
    I couldn't get into it. I tried. I don't know what didn't work, I normally like that sort of show, but it fell flat on me.

Chris

Site Supporter
    In the second episode of "Peaky Blinders," the Pikers (Gypsies) leave a cartridge as a declaration of war. It looked to me like a half length .45ACP. Does anybody know what it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    .455 Webley?
    I think that may be it.

We used to really enjoy "Peaky Blinders" but we stopped watching either last season or the season before...can't recall which. It just became too much slo-mo glitz and loud soundtrack, and not enough substance. It pained me to cut it off, but they just ruined the show for us.

Will always enjoy Nick Cave's "Red Right Hand" as the theme song...that will never change.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Watched Hunt for the Wilder People again. What a great movie.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List