Page 535 of 820 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585635 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just finished Cobra Kai, not sure exactly if I recommend or not. Was OK, I guess, and we will watch the next season, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I had never heard of that system. Has anyone here used one?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1121730

Looks like JonInWA just installed one on a High Power.

We watched "American Murder" tonight on Netflix. Well done and you will walk away pissed off. I'm still processing it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was prepared for Fargo season 4 to be unwatchable...as I expected to be force fed various agendas. To my surprise, if not the best season, it's at least been entertaining thus far. Seeing actors from Suburra and Gomorra and various other shows makes it interesting as well.

There are quite a few homages in this season that are fun to catch as well. Almost too many, to be honest.
    Episode 3 had some great lines: "You are the most blasphemous man I've ever met, and I've been to Cleveland."

Two things that bug me about period movies in general are modern slang and anachronistic gun handling. This season of Fargo does pretty well with period slang, but some modern slang slips in. The gun handling is all post-1960. It's great to see old Colt revolvers in 1950, but they should be using them one handed. Those with long guns look like they were taught by Navy SEALs. Can't they call Scott Reitz or Ken Hackathorn?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Episode 3 had some great lines: "You are the most blasphemous man I've ever met, and I've been to Cleveland."

Two things that bug me about period movies in general are modern slang and anachronistic gun handling. This season of Fargo does pretty well with period slang, but some modern slang slips in. The gun handling is all post-1960. It's great to see old Colt revolvers in 1950, but they should be using them one handed. Those with long guns look like they were taught by Navy SEALs. Can't they call Scott Reitz or Ken Hackathorn?
    Glad I'm not the only one...

I mentioned to my wife that they used quite a bit of current vernacular in some of the episodes. I can't help but think it's intentional...as it reaches out to the part of the audience to whom it sounds "right" and fresh...even though we recognize it to be inauthentic.

At least the usage hasn't been egregious in that it was germane for the scene.

I was wondering how long it was going to take the Ipecac to hit...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one...
    even though we recognize it to be inauthentic.
    Similar but not the same and pure thread drift, but when and why did the sound people for TV and movies (or whoever is in charge of these things) decide that when someone draws on a cigarette it makes a burning/crackling sound? It seems to be on every dramatic scene with a smoking character now. Just my opinion, but it is stupid and annoying, or maybe I am the only one...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Just finished Cobra Kai, not sure exactly if I recommend or not. Was OK, I guess, and we will watch the next season, but...
    Will it be called Koala Kai?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1121730

Looks like JonInWA just installed one on a High Power.
    That looks intriguing.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Captive State - alien take over and resistance. Realistic as compared to many
    Vampires vs. the Bronx. Really nice ethinc neighborhoods kids in the Bronx vs. gentrifying vampires. Great acting and clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I audibly groaned when I saw that. I'm enjoying the season thus far, but I don't think the characters are as strong as Seasons 1 or 2. Gaetano (Salvatore Esposito) is excellent, although not up to the standard of Bear or Dod Gerhardt as far as bad guy thugs go. I'm definitely not seeing any characters as memorable as Mike Milligan (p sure we're seeing him as a young boy here), Hanzee Dent, or as powerfully-portrayed as Colin Hanks' Gus Grimly from Season 1.
    I'm not sure I'd be that kind to it. The character development is absolute garbage; it seems the only direction given was "as campy as possible". The only one remotely compelling is Chris Rock's character, and he's wooden and unremarkable (I like him and he's at least a competent actor... this is falling short of his talent in a show that has a solid history of bringing some career-defining performances out of the cast members).

I'm out.

User Tag List