Page 533 of 819 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Deleted.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Glad you guys mentioned Fargo. I was gong to set a series recording, but forgot. Episodes 1 & 2 were on the 27th, but FX is reshowing them on the 30th. I've got my DVR set a ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Having seen all the seasons and the first episode of this one, nothing beats the first season IMO.

The first episode isn't particularly slow but I guess that depends on the rest of the season.

It just doesn't feel, so far and with the exception of a couple of scenes, like 'Fargo'. Not only is everything happening in Kansas City, so far, there is only one character, so far, that has any relationship with the area (and is the only character that gives a 'Fargo" like sense). It's as if, again so far, the writers think that what makes a Fargo story is only a certain weirdness in the characters and situation.

It may yet turn out good, but it's not catching me.
    First season was pure gold.

I watched both episodes of season 4. It feels like it's on the outside looking in at the rest of the series. Time will tell if this should have been a stand alone series under another name or if they can tie into the series some way.

Site Supporter
    Have had the flu for over a week now and have been watching all the reruns of "Last Man Standing." Truly an enjoyable series. Each person represents a distinct personality and outlook on life. Of course it is slanted to America, patriotism, freedom and all that "nonsense."
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Watched "Force of Nature" with Mel Gibson. I expected a low-budget, POS, cartoon.

It was worse than that.

Rosco

It's October 3rd so of course I had to watch Black Hawk Down. I don't think any review is neccisary.

Amazon has some interesting documentaries on the battle. Watched a couple, have a few others to watch later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Have had the flu for over a week now and have been watching all the reruns of "Last Man Standing." Truly an enjoyable series. Each person represents a distinct personality and outlook on life. Of course it is slanted to America, patriotism, freedom and all that "nonsense."
    I don't have the flu, but I got hooked as well. It's perfect for forgetting the Covid/election/drama of 2020.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I don't have the flu, but I got hooked as well. It's perfect for forgetting the Covid/election/drama of 2020.
    Never seen it, but maybe it might be worth it for the distraction alone.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Fargo, Season 4, starring Chris Rock. Which is set in Kansas City, for reasons I've yet to discern.

I just wish they'd hire somebody, sometime, who knows a smidgen about guns, as in "no, the hammer of a 1911 doesn't go back to the uncocked position after the gun fires".
    I audibly groaned when I saw that. I'm enjoying the season thus far, but I don't think the characters are as strong as Seasons 1 or 2. Gaetano (Salvatore Esposito) is excellent, although not up to the standard of Bear or Dod Gerhardt as far as bad guy thugs go. I'm definitely not seeing any characters as memorable as Mike Milligan (p sure we're seeing him as a young boy here), Hanzee Dent, or as powerfully-portrayed as Colin Hanks' Gus Grimly from Season 1.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Fargo, Season 4, starring Chris Rock. Which is set in Kansas City, for reasons I've yet to discern.

I just wish they'd hire somebody, sometime, who knows a smidgen about guns, as in "no, the hammer of a 1911 doesn't go back to the uncocked position after the gun fires".
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I audibly groaned when I saw that.
    There was a short-lived series in which Cylon #6 was a Texas Ranger. She had a 1911. In one scene, she reached for a doorknob to go into a dwelling; she had her gun in her right hand with the hammer down. She pushed open the door, brought the gun up into a two-hand hold and, miracle of miracles, the hammer was back, without the four-click sound that the Foley imbeciles love. Whether it was an honest continuity error or just general ignorance, as we all know, it happens a lot when it comes to guns. It's as jarring and as obvious as though someone in a scene walked into the room wearing jeans and left wearing khakis.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List