Page 532 of 818 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The Outpost.

Story of a U.S. outpost in Afghanistan placed in the bottom of a small valley surrounded on all sides by high ground. And it's 11 miles by a barely passable road to

any reinforcements. Close to an hour to medevac.

The result is that the soldiers get machinegunned daily. They know it's just a matter of time until the Taliban come in force and wipe them out.

Quite well done. Doesn't have the usual cast of G.I. Joe characters. Very gritty with lot's of blood-but since you know these guys you feel the loss of comrades dead.

You also feel the agony of the wounded and the terrible fear of being inside a fire sack.

.99 cents this weekend on Amazon.

21 Bridges with Chadwick Boseman wasn't bad. Predictable but still enjoyable.

If not for his death, and his decision to battle cancer completely in private until after his death, I may have skipped it as it seemed like another cookie cutter cop movie. I have profound respect for him over the way he handled his last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Add "Spiral" (Engrenages) from France if you don't mind subtitles, or your French is up to it. A very good police procedural / legal drama...but you have to be willing to raise your eyebrows with some of the human interaction / drama. Did I mention it's French? Anyway, I'm very picky in this category and it is still a strong recommend, despite some of the "drama". Available on amazon Prime as well, (five seasons, I believe), on hulu.

Those two should hold anyone for a while.
    Thanks! I don't mind subtitles (can't stand dubbing) and my wife likes to practice her French.

I really liked " Braquo" (sp?) --sort of a French The Shield- but I'm not sure if it's up for streaming anymore.
    (I've only seen season one)
    "The Returned" was good French take on the dead returning to life with full memories, but I don't think season two ever made it to Netflix.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 09-27-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I know I'm hardly the only one watching The Boys here, but I must say season two has kicked some ass.

Hard to believe that they wrote and filmed the whole thing before 2020, as it sure has some odd parallels to recent events.

Glad to see a depiction of a White Supremacist character who's not an utterly clichéd fool.

I still want to see a Marshal Law adaptation, a comic that was the pre-The Boys. Unfortunately, the show and comic of The Boys have borrowed so heavily from it that a Law adaptation would probably come off as a Boys ripoff.

Name:  Marshall-Law-3-Posters_1519.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  28.1 KB

ETA: I still think of guns with WAY too many accessories attached as "Marshal Law guns." He's been at it since the late 80s.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 09-27-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Fargo, Season 4, starring Chris Rock. Which is set in Kansas City, for reasons I've yet to discern.

I just wish they'd hire somebody, sometime, who knows a smidgen about guns, as in "no, the hammer of a 1911 doesn't go back to the uncocked position after the gun fires".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Finished Narcos Mexico last night, like a flashback to the last episode of Justified

We just moved and have no internet for another week, so no streaming and we don't do cable. All we've watched for a week is OTA channels, lots of classic TV - MASH, Star Trek, Different Strokes, etc. Also Westerns (caught The Shootist and McClintock! one night).
    And of course, Magnum, P.I. I was enjoying an episode yesterday, right until Magnum stood up from a table to reveal some glorious 80s short shorts [emoji41]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Fargo, Season 4, starring Chris Rock. Which is set in Kansas City, for reasons I've yet to discern.

I just wish they'd hire somebody, sometime, who knows a smidgen about guns, as in "no, the hammer of a 1911 doesn't go back to the uncocked position after the gun fires".
    You just have to learn to accept it or allow it to drive you crazy.

I have high hopes for this season but I feel each season is just a little less good than the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post

I have high hopes for this season but I feel each season is just a little less good than the previous one.
    I recorded them on Sunday but haven't played 'em yet. I read it was a slow start...hopefully it won't disappoint.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post

Having seen all the seasons and the first episode of this one, nothing beats the first season IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I recorded them on Sunday but haven't played 'em yet. I read it was a slow start...hopefully it won't disappoint.
    The first episode isn't particularly slow but I guess that depends on the rest of the season.

It just doesn't feel, so far and with the exception of a couple of scenes, like 'Fargo'. Not only is everything happening in Kansas City, so far, there is only one character, so far, that has any relationship with the area (and is the only character that gives a 'Fargo" like sense). It's as if, again so far, the writers think that what makes a Fargo story is only a certain weirdness in the characters and situation.

It may yet turn out good, but it's not catching me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List