Page 522 of 822 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 8212

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    So, the preorder for your book is available when?
    Not happening, brother. I prefer to tell stories around the campfire. (Bourbon and single malt welcome. Good beer too. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not happening, brother. I prefer to tell stories around the campfire. (Bourbon and single malt welcome. Good beer too. )
    Next time (if ever) I'm in your neighborhood, you're on!
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Midnight Diner: Tokyo Series

https://www.netflix.com/title/80113037

Subtitles. Be warned that the subtitles in some episodes are inadequate to follow along.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Concur.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I’m in!

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    That is where things go sideways every single time.
    #1 weird trick for long term cult success: don't schtup followers left and right

Hubbard broke many laws, committed fraud repeatedly, had followers thrown over the side of his cruse ship, and even had his wife steal documents from 136 government agencies, embassies, and consulates with up to 5000 Scientologist infiltrators, but he didn't schtup the many teenage girls who were his body servants.

(Probably came in handy when his wife took the fall on the federal charges thing)

And see how Scientology keeps plugging away!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Over the last couple of weeks I've watched all 3 of the " Fallen" movies

Olympus, London and Angel.

Never gave them a second look until I watched one under duress.

Boy, was I wrong!

This is summertime popcorn blockbuster movies the way they should be done. With total commitment.

All three lead off with wildly implausible scenarios, and then hit NOS. The sheer scale of the bad guys plots are hilariously gigantic.

No holds barred insane firefights, some truly brutal(Gerard Butler walking past wounded enemy terrorists and firing anchor shots to the head. Not just once, Or twice.)

The effects are hugely entertaining because they mean something-shock and awe-particularly, and a darn good cast in all three.

Zero wokeness(don't even know political parties of any characters) which I'm sure is grounds for some sort of boycott with ritual shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    #1 weird trick for long term cult success: don't schtup followers left and right
    But... but... that's the whole reason you get involved in The Cult Life

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Over the last couple of weeks I've watched all 3 of the " Fallen" movies

Olympus, London and Angel.

Never gave them a second look until I watched one under duress.

Boy, was I wrong!

This is summertime popcorn blockbuster movies the way they should be done. With total commitment.

All three lead off with wildly implausible scenarios, and then hit NOS. The sheer scale of the bad guys plots are hilariously gigantic.

No holds barred insane firefights, some truly brutal(Gerard Butler walking past wounded enemy terrorists and firing anchor shots to the head. Not just once, Or twice.)

The effects are hugely entertaining because they mean something-shock and awe-particularly, and a darn good cast in all three.

Zero wokeness(don't even know political parties of any characters) which I'm sure is grounds for some sort of boycott with ritual shaming.
    I'll have to check those out. I, too, had discounted them, even though I really like Gerard Butler as an actor.
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Normally I wouldn't... but....

This popped up in my YT feed.

Flash Gordon 1936 - chapters 1-13 The series in one video. It's actually quite entertaining -- sometimes for the wrong reasons, but still. And Jean Rogers was far more of a babe in her day than I ever realized. All around thumbs up so far.

You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

The wife and I watched mandy on shudder the other night. It actually blew my expectations out of the water. Crazy acid trip of a horror movie. The female lead is probably one of my favorite characters in any movie I've seen recently. Allot of heavy metal references so its a winner in my book.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

User Tag List