Page 521 of 820 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Even though I expect good writing, the writing for season 5, episode 6 "Free Churro" is one of the best yet. In it, Bojack is eulogizing his dead mother. Will Arnett's delivery is perfect. It is hilarious and heartbreaking.
    "One more thing your idiot son couldn't do right...wait, is this funeral parlor B?"

I actually thought of that episode as a single 23-minute joke, and it might have been the funniest joke I've ever heard.

Watched "Jo Jo Rabbit" on HBO last night. I'm not exactly sure what I think of it. I wouldn't call it a comedy, though there are several very funny moments.

It was worth the watch, but I'm unclear on what it was trying be. Perhaps too many things.

Rosco
    Tried watching it this evening...mercifully the missus asked if I minded watching something else. So, hockey and UFC replaced it...and not a moment too soon.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We started watching the first season of Peaky Blinders. Pretty good so far but I have to have subtitles on to have even a clue of what they're saying.

At the beginning of every episode I get a kick out of them playing Red Right Hand.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

I watched the first episode of The Vow on HBO. Well done so far and not sensational in the least. My wife's take: "I would have fallen for that."

Nxivm is pretty much 1/3 Scientology, 1/3 Amway, and 1/3 Landmark Forum/EST. The scary bit is that if Renere hadn't been keeping sex slaves, I have a feeling they would have kept growing in money and influence .
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Watched "The Green Inferno" on Netflix. It is about a gaggle of stupid, idealistic, overprivileged college kids who go to Peru to stop the evil oil company from running an indigenous tribe off their land.

Without dropping any spoilers, the movie is a perfect metaphor for the naïve dumbass college kids who are allying with the anarchists and domestic terrorists now trying to destroy the country.

Highly recommended. Very disgusting and violent.

Rosco

I have watched the first two episodes of Lovecraft Country with Mrs. Danders. Probably a bit woke for most p-fers but it is an interesting take on playing around with early 20th century SF. I don't think I will be able to give a thumbs up or down until a few more episodes come out. I like the actors and much of the ideas they are dealing with, but the pacing seems a little off. Not sure where it's headed.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Watched "The Green Inferno" on Netflix. It is about a gaggle of stupid, idealistic, overprivileged college kids who go to Peru to stop the evil oil company from running an indigenous tribe off their land.

Without dropping any spoilers, the movie is a perfect metaphor for the naïve dumbass college kids who are allying with the anarchists and domestic terrorists now trying to destroy the country.

Highly recommended. Very disgusting and violent.

Rosco
    Hmm. Dumb enough to be laugh out loud funny?
    NO EXCEPTIONS

My wife and I just binged watched Wynonna Earp on Netflix. I am surprised to say I really like it. They have horrible gun handling and the prop department switches guns between scenes; this stuff normally drives me nuts. The writing and acting is good and I really enjoy the story.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    The scary bit is that if Renere hadn't been keeping sex slaves, I have a feeling they would have kept growing in money and influence .
    That is where things go sideways every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So, although I didn't work on the Camarena case, and have no specific investigative knowledge, (it preceded my case by about four years, though mine also occurred during the period when Bush senior transitioned from VP to president)...I can say it has the ring of authenticity to it from my prior experience. And in similar fashion, it was squashed from on high.
    So, the preorder for your book is available when?

User Tag List