Page 519 of 819 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    While we're posting about our SO favorites, I'm going to mention Offspring an Australian drama/comedy that I end up watching about half the time. Not bad. Starts off with the lead character realizing a coworker's baby she's about to deliver is her half sibling because her dad really gets around.
    The wife and I just started watching it. It's a hoot. The brunet sister is hot. The guy she winds up dating 4 or 5 episodes in looked familiar. I finally recognized him as Dewy Crow on Justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    It's lightweight, unrealistic (only shoot people in the legs?) and doesn't get to more interesting moral or policy questions until a few seasons down. However, if you just let yourself go for the ride, you'll have fun; we did through all its seasons.
    I seem to recall liking Sarah Shahi's addition to the cast

Name:  SS_POI.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  24.6 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Bad Boys For Life was decent, but I feel like they should have made this film in 2010 rather than 2020. They're both a little long in the tooth and it would have been more believable being 15 years after the first one rather than 25.

Site Supporter
    It's lightweight, unrealistic (only shoot people in the legs?) and doesn't get to more interesting moral or policy questions until a few seasons down. However, if you just let yourself go for the ride, you'll have fun; we did through all its seasons.

For those of you who watched POI, I have a theory that Finch makes his money by investing in cane/walker/crutches companies.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’ve been watching Immigration Nation on Netflix. I have no idea who at DHS signed off on allowing the footage to be aired but they should probably have a stern talking-to. The show doesn’t even pretend to be objective. There are three types of people interviewed: federal employees (ICE, BP, etc), the illegal aliens, and pro-immigration activists. They never seemed to interview people who weren’t directly involved in the system who agreed that the government should regulate immigration. I’ll give it to Netflix, they did a great job editing the footage and interviews to get their anti Trump message across. After watching about half the season so far, it makes ME want to abolish ICE.
    Supposedly DHS tried to have the release blocked when the finally learned the true nature of the project. They tried to retroactively withdraw the consent for the footage filmed with GOV employees by claiming the film makers misrepresented themselves and the nature of their project.

In general DHS sucks at media and public relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Bad Boys For Life was decent, but I feel like they should have made this film in 2010 rather than 2020. They're both a little long in the tooth and it would have been more believable being 15 years after the first one rather than 25.
    100% agree. I thought they picked up relatively well where they left off though - in terms of how they interact as partners and the humor. Not bad but I am not sure I would pay to go see it.

Hooked on Peaky Blinders. Sam Neil's opening speech in Episode One is pretty epic. He has other good lines too.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Watched "Jo Jo Rabbit" on HBO last night. I'm not exactly sure what I think of it. I wouldn't call it a comedy, though there are several very funny moments.

It was worth the watch, but I'm unclear on what it was trying be. Perhaps too many things.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Supposedly DHS tried to have the release blocked when the finally learned the true nature of the project. They tried to retroactively withdraw the consent for the footage filmed with GOV employees by claiming the film makers misrepresented themselves and the nature of their project.

In general DHS sucks at media and public relations.
    I can definitely see that. I have to imagine that no one at HQ would have signed off on this had they known how ICE was going to be portrayed.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List