Page 508 of 819 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Hamilton (Disney+) - I had to stop after about twenty minutes because the delivery is so rapid fire I was missing half of the lyrics. Musical theater really isn't my thing - to put it mildly - but I'll watch the whole show when I have an attention span. It is exceptionally well written and I can see what the buzz is about.
    just saw it with my wife, and we both had difficulty understanding the lyrics. One of my coworkers said the same. They don't enunciate well.

But it was enjoyable. Several catchy numbers.

I watched Greyhound this morning. I liked it a lot. Some pretty suspenseful scenes subhunting.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Midway - pretty good WWII movie. Both sides seem portrayed realistically. Special effects are good. Just was reading a book on naval anti-aircraft procedures and it was interesting to see the various guns used by the USN and IJN. They seem to be the ones actually used with decent replicas, not just stock footage.

Make you think about modern ships against a saturation attack.

Bosch Season Six. I thought it was one of the better seasons. I'll be back for the next one. Even if they can't figure out how to carry spare magazines.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Re Hamilton.

Watched act one tonight. Went ahead and put on the subtitles.

Enjoying it so far. Both kids have seen it in NY and Chicago and are loving it as well.

Watched "West Side Story" last night. I bought this back when the remastered Blue-Ray disc came out...and I didn't yet have a blue-ray player. Amazing film, choreography, and music.

As we watched, my wife mentioned that Spielberg was doing a remake. I knew that and I do NOT look forward to it. I wish he would leave it alone.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Watched "West Side Story" last night. I bought this back when the remastered Blue-Ray disc came out...and I didn't yet have a blue-ray player. Amazing film, choreography, and music.

As we watched, my wife mentioned that Spielberg was doing a remake. I knew that and I do NOT look forward to it. I wish he would leave it alone.

Rosco
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

After spending all day retrieving Craigslist furniture my mom bought, I laid very still and watched American Vandal. It's a satirical/parody documentary series done in the vein of those "free the murderer" docu-series things. A mysterious vandal spray-paints 27 dicks on teachers' cars, an obvious culprit is found and expelled, and two friends set out to discover the truth---who really did the dicks?

Obligatory quote: “I just always thought my first suit would be for, like high-school graduation, or, like, something sick, like the Winter X Games, or like the regular X Games. Or, like my funeral. Not for lame-ass court.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    He's going to replace the switchblades with walkie-talkies.

Site Supporter
    I remember seeing an ad for a new Charlize Theron movie on Netflix, but couldn't remember the name. So, I checked her IMDB for movie titles and found it. "Old Guard." OK flick. Glad I didn't pay theater prices for it.
    Now, I keep getting the ad below in my FB feed. Yeeeesh! It'll cost ya $10.00 for the chance.
    I know in my head that she's a pretty girl, but somehow she just doesn't do it for me.
    Name:  Charlize.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  40.8 KB

I originally thought that the chick in Old Guard was Maggie Grace (Althea) from Fear the Walking Dead

https://www.amc.com/shows/talking-de...e-grace-althea

I was disappointed when I found out it was just Charlize Theron. Movie looks stupid, but I'll watch it. I find I can enjoy a lot more things (a) not paying a ticket price, and (b) not investing the effort of waitlisting it from the library. In order to be bad in a constant stream of cheap push-button-and-receive entertainment, you've gotta be like, Michael Bay levels of shit.

PS--I just pushed button, currently watching The Old Guard. HDR and such also makes it hard for me to really hate a movie.

User Tag List