Page 507 of 817 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557607 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Taking a journey tonight back to some of America's finest cinema... Conan the Barbarian
    Everyone should watch it once to learn “What is best in life.”

I watched Tom Hardy’s Taboo on Hulu. He’s an anti-hero taking on the East India Company in period London. Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    I watched Tom Hardy’s Taboo on Hulu. He’s an anti-hero taking on the East India Company in period London. Very well done.
    Tom Hardy's presence will have me leaning into just about anything he's in.

Meanwhile: Queen of the South. Yes, narco shows are being completely overdone. If you aren't sick to death of them (and a few episodes of this one may convince you that you aren't), this may be worth a watch.

Meanwhile2: If you haven't binged The Shield...

Site Supporter

Smile The Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Will definitely see the movie at some point down the line.
    I highly recommend it. We watched it last night. After you gut through the “young men being raunchy” interludes (accurate, no doubt, but doesn’t bring much to the story telling), the movie is excellent.
    Blues - you’ll get even more than I did out of it, as you’ll be able to follow the battle sequences better than I could, having not read the books yet.
    We bought the movie, and I’ve downloaded one of the books already. Once I’ve done appropriate study, I’ll watch again.

Oh, and watch through all the credits- there are clips and interviews of the actors and some of the participants.

Superb show. Highly recommended. I kinda liked Legend, although the movie itself wasn't as good as his performance(s).

"People who do not know me soon come to understand that I do not have any sense."

---

Watching Ash vs Evil Dead, a Starz series available on Netflix. It's directed by Sam Raimi, and nails the feel and cinematography of the original movies perfectly. Bruce Campbell still has it.

Site Supporter
    I enjoyed it. I wish they would get on with releasing season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Tom Hardy's presence will have me leaning into just about anything he's in.
    Same here. He was really good in Lawless.

Chris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Taking a journey tonight back to some of America's finest cinema... Conan the Barbarian
    Continue on with Conan the Destroyer, if you want to watch a master class in suck.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I'm not particularly optimistic that we'll see another season of "Taboo" with Hardy. But I'm still hoping.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    This is a short Sci-fi flim produced by for DUST. About 15 minutes. Lab Rat.

Site Supporter
    The Old Guard on Netflix. Pretty cliched. Squad of long lived, fast healing commandos who do good. Caught by bad guys to dissect. They get away. Usual John Wick gun handling. They never miss, bad guys are one shot stops. A hostage, blather scene with a stupid resolution that could have been handled by shut up and shoot.

If I had paid for it beyond the streaming, I would be annoyed.

Site Supporter
    Dr. Sleep - a sequel to the Shining. Not as scary as the movie or the book. Bad guys with ESP powers hunt kids with the same to steal their energy. The little kid (now grown up) from the Shining and new powerhouse kid take them on. The hotel ghosts enter the fray.

Sensible gun usage (with one major tactical mistake) by the good guys. No standing there waving the kitchen knife. Optics - need I saw more.

Worth watching if nothing to do. Now back to digging around in carbine parts.

User Tag List