Page 504 of 817 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 8170

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.

Buddy cop movie that centers around McCarthy's disdain for uptight, Hyper competitive FBI Agent Bullock.

Once it got going it was pretty funny.

Site Supporter
    Watched The Outpost, it was good. I haven't read the book it was based on, but I have read Red Platoon, written by Medal of Honor recipient Clint Romesha. It gives a very detailed account of the battle and provides an easy to follow timeline of events. My deepest respect to the soldiers involved in that battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Watched The Outpost, it was good. I haven't read the book it was based on, but I have read Red Platoon, written by Medal of Honor recipient Clint Romesha. It gives a very detailed account of the battle and provides an easy to follow timeline of events. My deepest respect to the soldiers involved in that battle.
    I read "Red Platoon" and just started Tapper's "The Outpost" late last night. So far, it is well written and engaging in the way it is laid out. I look forward to it fleshing out the original work by Romesha.

Will definitely see the movie at some point down the line.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Hamilton (Disney+) - I had to stop after about twenty minutes because the delivery is so rapid fire I was missing half of the lyrics. Musical theater really isn't my thing - to put it mildly - but I'll watch the whole show when I have an attention span. It is exceptionally well written and I can see what the buzz is about.
    My 80+ -year-old mother had read the Chernow biography of Hamilton, is an amateur poet, and to our surprise really enjoyed listening to the musical. We did have to get her the lyrics so she could keep up. She was impressed by how well the content matched the book and by the rhyming.

Well it wasn’t the last one, but “How To Be A Latin Lover” is a freaking riot.

Also re-watched “Escanaba In Da Moonlight”. A must-see for any deer-hunter!

Site Supporter
    Dr. Sleep - a sequel to the Shining. Not a bad monster flic. One positive was that the good guys decided that you could actually ambush and shoot the monsters. Didn't always go well but did work for a lot of the monsters.

Also, a number of Chinese food documentaries on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Well it wasn’t the last one, but “How To Be A Latin Lover” is a freaking riot.

Also re-watched “Escanaba In Da Moonlight”. A must-see for any deer-hunter!
    Concur. Wife is half Mexican and found it hilarious.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I don't know how you can say that about a man who so believably portrayed Genghis Khan...

(I should note that I'm struggling to keep a straight face writing this...)
    They might have been better off shooting the arrows at people, considering how many may have ultimately died as a result of making that movie.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Why is he wearing my grandmother's hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Why is he wearing my grandmother's hat?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List