Page 501 of 720 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 7198

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

  1. #5001
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Heads up: The Town is free on Netflix. If you haven't seen it: near-perfect bank robbery film starring Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner. You can also catch Public Enemies on the same platform--Michael Mann does a John Dillinger movie.
    "The Town"...an excellent movie. John Hamm, Titus Welliver, and Rebecca Hall too.

  2. #5002
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    I have seen Public Enemy, Den of Thieves and Patriot Day in the last few weeks.

    I mentioned them in the order of quality and my personal affection for the movies.

    My soon to be 21 yr old twins have very little frame of reference re Johnny Depp outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

    Donnie Brasco needs to be watched with them I suspect.

  3. #5003
    this space for rent blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Donnie Brasco needs to be watched with them I suspect.
    "It's a fugazi!"

    One of the agents in my old group was close with Joe Pistone, the agent the movie is based upon. He had a small role in the movie playing a henchman outside the club in South FL.

    (I've spoken with Pistone on the phone but never met him.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

  4. #5004
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Erie County, NY
    Warrior Nun, on Netflix, mildly amusing. Devil and angels fight in Rome. Young girl gets powers. No one is who you think. Action sequences are ok, nothing impressive. Some stupid shotgun racking.

    If you are a fan of Roman Catholicism, seriously, might find this offensive.

  5. #5005
    Hobbyist JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Warrior Nun, on Netflix, mildly amusing. Devil and angels fight in Rome. Young girl gets powers. No one is who you think. Action sequences are ok, nothing impressive. Some stupid shotgun racking.

    If you are a fan of Roman Catholicism, seriously, might find this offensive.
    Possibly. I’m a big fan of the original comic, but am not particularly trusting of baby-hating Netflix’s ability to preserve its very pro-Church ethos. Odds are good they just turned it into softcore fetish pr0n.
    Ignore Alien Orders

  6. #5006
    Likes 10.3 & 11.5 barrels Casual Friday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I was in a true crime mood last night and found a series on Amazon called Home Alone, except it's not about Kevin McCallister spoiling the holiday plans of the Wet Bandits.

    It's about real life home invasions with reenactments and commentary from the victims/survivors. It's basically a what-not-to-do-in-the-event-of-a-home-invasion.

  7. #5007
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I have seen Public Enemy, Den of Thieves and Patriot Day in the last few weeks.

    I mentioned them in the order of quality and my personal affection for the movies.

    My soon to be 21 yr old twins have very little frame of reference re Johnny Depp outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

    Donnie Brasco needs to be watched with them I suspect.
    Coincidentally, also on Netflix! Other fine Johnny Depp: From Hell, Sleepy Hollow, Blow, Once Upon a Time In Mexico, The Tourist, and Transcendence. He was also in Tusk, a wonderfully fantastically weird horror film--and I am willing to bet that you will not recognize him. I will also confess that I enjoyed Sweeney Todd, and that I occasionally hum "My Friends" when taking my guns out after a longish hiatus.

    Also, VC, you got the list right. I haven't seen Patriot Day, but it just stinks of post-War On Terror cinema.

    ---

    Currently watching: Splice--Adrian Brody was a very, very bad boy.

    Trying to watch The Punisher Netflix series. Typical action movie-quality gun handling, feels very much like a network TV show--that sort of cheap, plastic-y, shallow feel. Too episodic. I'm probably going to keep watching it anyway, like a dog returning to its vomit, but I'm going to be ashamed.

  8. #5008
    this space for rent blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Watching "Saving Private Ryan",(again), because 'Murica.

    I don't have adequate words for the real brave souls who shed their blood for our country "over there".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

  9. #5009
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Watching "Saving Private Ryan",(again), because 'Murica.

    I don't have adequate words for the real brave souls who shed their blood for our country "over there".
    <thread drift>
    I've been re-reading Rick Atkinson's Liberation Trilogy and just started the third book, The Guns at Last Light, which starts with the Normandy invasion and finishes with the end of WWII. The stuff those guys waded into...damn.
    </thread drift>

  10. #5010
    this space for rent blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    <thread drift>
    I've been re-reading Rick Atkinson's Liberation Trilogy and just started the third book, The Guns at Last Light, which starts with the Normandy invasion and finishes with the end of WWII. The stuff those guys waded into...damn.
    </thread drift>
    I've read a lot of books over the years about the landings. And it's like a fresh wound every time I read about it. Humbling, to say the least.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •