Page 5 of 819 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Oh yeah, forgot about this thread.

We watched the first part of the Worricker series on Amazon Prime. I thought it was excellent:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/.../worricker-s1/

"Page Eight, Turks & Caicos, and Salting the Battlefield form The Worricker Trilogy—three gripping films that follow the exploits of the intensely private and scrupulous Worricker—from MI5 headquarters in London to exile on a Caribbean island to life on the run with his former lover and fellow agent Margot Tyrrell (Helena Bonham Carter). A spy who prefers the black-and-white certainties of the Cold War, Worricker (Bill Nighy) finds himself increasingly out of his element as the distinction between ally and enemy dissolves into the amorphous alliances of the 21st century."

Site Supporter
    I have to admit that the TV shows I like are Supernatural and Ash. vs. the Evil Dead. They have realistic portrayals of tactical issues regarding the supernatural. Ash demonstrated how to reload a double barrel shotgun under stress. Good to know. It was like an NTI stage but with zombies. Supernatural has a comparison between 9mm and 45 ACP with the heroes' EDC guns.

Otherwise, I watch documentaries on obscure channels. There's a NHK channel from Japan that did one on eel restaurants and the history of mackerel fishing in Japan. Funny - the center of the best mackerel fishing is a town named Obama.

The last movie was Jurassic Idiots. Never again.

The latest TV show my wife and I started watching is Blindspot on NBC, and so far, it's really good. If you like sassy, bad to the bone hot chicks with short hair, tattoos, guns, and ninja skills, you'll like it too.

Last edited by StraitR; 11-10-2015 at 11:07 AM.

The last "movie" I watched was a Looney Tunes collection on Sunday with my 5 yr old while it rained. It was awesome! Currently the wife and I are watching "Good Wife" on Hulu pretty good so far. The only other we watch is "Chicago PD" and "Chicago Fire"

The other night I got trapped by cat gravity while the wife watched "Madam Secretary."
    Hated it last September, still hate it.
    Apparently, my change of work hours and days off has led to HH6 forgetting to DVR programs that lead to me yelling at the TV.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    The latest TV show my wife and I started watching is Blindspot on NBC, and so far, it's really good. If you like sassy, bad to the bone hot chicks with short hair, tattoos, guns, and ninja skills, you'll like it too.

One of the few shows my wife and I watch regularly, we usually disagree on a lot of shows.

Dude is from Strikeback and she's the chick from Thor, that's like a double-win.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It is a fun show

Site Supporter
    Somehow I missed Blue Bloods when it came out. I kept hearing you guys talk about it so I set the Tivo™ to start recording all of them it can find. Turns out that WGNA is running them off and on throughout the day and within a couple of months I’ve wound up with all five seasons. The wife and I both love it. We’ll come in and see 10 Blue Bloods in the folder and just about orgasm. I’m not sure what our record is for number of shows watched in a row, but it’s probably five or better.
    One thing that makes it even more interesting is that we get them out of sequence, so every episode is an adventure in “Who is Danny’s Partner on this one.” Gotta admit, my favorite was Jennifer Esposito’s character. The way she left the show was strange, and you just know there was more to the story.
    Trying to find a particular episode can be problematic. The synopsis of almost every episode is a variation on “Danny gets in trouble.”
    Finally, I'm surprised at how politically conservative and pro 2A a show about the NYCPD can be. I’m guessing this is the part where I remember it’s just a TV show.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 11-17-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot about this thread.

We watched the first part of the Worricker series on Amazon Prime. I thought it was excellent:
    Finished watching Worricker last night... Excellent. Thanks for the recommendation.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

True Blood 1/1, 1/2.

User Tag List