Page 496 of 819 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I finally binged the first two seasons of Jack Ryan over the last week or so. Really enjoyed it. Wife never really wanted to watch it, and she’s out of town, so seemed the perfect time. I don’t think she would have liked it. I found it to be kind of like Homeland but with more gunfights and a less petulant lead.
    Watched as well but enjoyed season 1 much better than 2, as YMMV is in play.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Watched as well but enjoyed season 1 much better than 2, as YMMV is in play.
    Don't disagree. Although I found a lot of the backstory in Season 2 to be more interesting than the (pretty tired at this point) "muslims bad" thing from season 1.

Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, on Disney +.
    A behind the scenes series on how the show is made, including round table discussions with all the directors and Jon Favreau. Each episode covers a different aspect- characters, technology, props, musical score, etc.
    The technology they're using is amazing. Instead of green screens they have a set that's basically like putting the actors in a video game or VR simulation, so that they see the effects as they're acting the scene.
    If you're a fan of the show or just interested in how things get made it's definitely worth checking out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Bummer. Sounds like a good series. Don't have, nor plan on getting HBO any time soon.
    Looks like “Succession” is also available on Amazon Prime - $10 for the season. So I guess I could buy both seasons for $10 less than 2 months of HBO. That’s what my wife and I plan on doing.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Looks like “Succession” is also available on Amazon Prime - $10 for the season. So I guess I could buy both seasons for $10 less than 2 months of HBO. That’s what my wife and I plan on doing.
    I'll take a look at that. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, on Disney +.
    A behind the scenes series on how the show is made, including round table discussions with all the directors and Jon Favreau. Each episode covers a different aspect- characters, technology, props, musical score, etc.
    The technology they're using is amazing. Instead of green screens they have a set that's basically like putting the actors in a video game or VR simulation, so that they see the effects as they're acting the scene.
    If you're a fan of the show or just interested in how things get made it's definitely worth checking out.

+1 I though it was pretty neat how they combine robotics with old school puppeteer work to create "Baby Yoda." I find almost all the directors with their varying backgrounds and perspectives to be interesting story tellers although something about Bryce Dallas Howard grates on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    +1 I though it was pretty neat how they combine robotics with old school puppeteer work to create "Baby Yoda." I find almost all the directors with their varying backgrounds and perspectives to be interesting story tellers although something about Bryce Dallas Howard grates on my nerves.
    Exactly, it's very basic on one hand, and on the other it's almost black magic.
    I'm not a big Star Wars nerd so it was interesting to see how Dave Filoni is sort of the keeper of the Star Wars mythology.
    Agreed on Bryce Dallas Howard, but then she seems to genuinely geek out about the show or at least about the art of making it. But I guess that's not surprising for Ron Howard's daughter [emoji16]

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    All the Devils Men.

Ex-SOF guys on each side of the plot play murder tag over a stolen Soviet nuke.

Unusually brutal cqb between stone killers. When everyone is really good everyone gets hurt.

Stars Mel Gibson's son as a war junkie who can't/won't go home.

Also stars William Fichtner and the black guy from the wire who played Chris(Marlo's hitman)He steals the show as a Delta operator.

It wasn't received well but it was interesting enough, with well filmed firefights.

On Netflix.
    I tried, but only made it about ten minutes into this one. It may have good action scenes, but I just couldn't get over the portrayal of the Delta operator as an arrogant big mouth. I'm no expert on the subject, but the character is about the opposite of how I imagine most of those dudes behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I tried, but only made it about ten minutes into this one. It may have good action scenes, but I just couldn't get over the portrayal of the Delta operator as an arrogant big mouth. I'm no expert on the subject, but the character is about the opposite of how I imagine most of those dudes behave.
    He grows on you.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Don't disagree. Although I found a lot of the backstory in Season 2 to be more interesting than the (pretty tired at this point) "muslims bad" thing from season 1.
    From 24 to Homeland, and everywhere in between, I feel like we have enough muslim terrorism tv shows and movies to last us a while. I was glad when the season 2 Jack Ryan trailer came out and it was in Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    All the Devils Men.

Ex-SOF guys on each side of the plot play murder tag over a stolen Soviet nuke.

Unusually brutal cqb between stone killers. When everyone is really good everyone gets hurt.

Stars Mel Gibson's son as a war junkie who can't/won't go home.

Also stars William Fichtner and the black guy from the wire who played Chris(Marlo's hitman)He steals the show as a Delta operator.

It wasn't received well but it was interesting enough, with well filmed firefights.

On Netflix.
    It wasn't great, but it was better than I expected for a movie that I'd never heard about until I found it on Netflix.

User Tag List