Page 491 of 817 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I’m watch The Clone Wars on Disney+. Figure I got to get something worth my money, since most Disney stuff doesn’t appeal to me.

What’s weird is each episode starts with the previously’s, and sometimes some of the stuff looks new ( not scene in a previous episode).

Other than that, it’s enjoyable. “Snips” is bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’m watch The Clone Wars on Disney+. Figure I got to get something worth my money, since most Disney stuff doesn’t appeal to me.

What’s weird is each episode starts with the previously’s, and sometimes some of the stuff looks new ( not scene in a previous episode).

Other than that, it’s enjoyable. “Snips” is bad ass.
    I might renew my Disney+ for this. I missed it back it originally aired and some the youtube clips I have seen were pretty good.

Den of Thieves. It was an ok heist movie. It felt like a straight to "DVD" Heat knockoff. Former army badasses rob banks while a generic detective with questionable ethics and soberness hunts them. Slowly paced with some padded attempts at character development for the detective. There was surprisingly little action given the trailers for it. It did have a minor twist at the end, but the payoff (no pun intended) was lacking overall.

Started the Netflix series "Space Force" last night. Watched two episodes. Good cast. Funny.

Rosco

Jeffery Epstein: Filthy Rich

The story of how LE and the press uncovered a vast pyramid scheme involving sex trafficking on a massive scale for the ruling class, things look bad for the rich, but then hundreds of underaged girls being raped gets reduced to one charge of solicitation. (Because who's going to believe "underaged 'prostitutes'? I mean, they took the $200 he left on the table after raping them!) And rich guy gets work release from minimum security jail so he can keep raping girls at will. (Twice a day, everyday, was his schedule.)

But oh no, the poors use #MeToo to get publicity enough to have other states look at the sex trafficking that involved many states, and the whole prosecution is re-opened due to the illegal nature of Epstein's plea agreement. He gets put in jail! A raid on his house finds underage nudes galore, passports with fake names and diamonds--a whole escape plan. The judge denies bail! Looks like a trial will expose many other rich folks to charges!

But don't worry, he mysteriously dies in prison, and a vast conspiracy to rape young women escapes any more legal attention than ONE person facing any charges ever. And the rich can rest comfortably, knowing using the rest of us as a resource for their own pleasure and amusement, much like the Aztec gods ate the souls of human sacrifices, is well protected under our system of plutonomy. The victims end up as "underaged prostitutes," even the one who rich guy and his rape manager tried to turn into a brood mare so rich guy and rape manager can have a child. The underaged girls who brought girls to rich guy (when they resisted getting raped, rich guy told them he would pay them $200 a pop for their friends) get portrayed as villians on par with rich guy, despite his obvious preditory grooming of vulnerable girls in bad situations. I mean, they might as well be Heidi Fleiss! They kept doing it after they became 18!

In short, a feel-good mini-series for the whole family.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 05-30-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Uncut Gems was absolutely terrible. The story isn't the least bit interesting, none of the characters are likable, and I can't for the life of me figure out why this movie received the praise that it did.
    I went to see it with a friend. We didn't make it to 40 minutes.

Other "critically acclaimed movies that we both hated were Burn After Reading, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and The English Patient.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I went to see it with a friend. We didn't make it to 40 minutes.

Other "critically acclaimed movies that we both hated were Burn After Reading, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and The English Patient.
    I would have been pissed if I paid theater ticket money to see it.

I barely remember Burn After Reading, couldn't finish The English Patient, and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind was one that my wife and I saw in the theater when we were dating. I remember wanting to like it but I just couldn't.

Uncut Gems was worse than all three in my opinion.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind is friggin great, y'all are nuts
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Watched season one of One Punch Man. It was actually pretty decent....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Watched season one of One Punch Man. It was actually pretty decent....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    A friend and I watched season 2 a couple weeks ago. It did not disapoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Currently watching Outsiders.. Not to be confused with The Outsiders (Pony Boy) or The Outsider (Stephen King).

It's a train wreck and I can't stop watching. Big Coal vs. the Hill Billies ... but with a Mad Max sort of twist.. complete with drug problems, moonshine, interracial taboo, and a hot redhead. If you've ever been to that part of the country the story line is completely implausible, but entertaining none the less.

User Tag List