Page 489 of 819 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    I've watched 1.5 seasons of Amazon's "Homecoming" and so far it's a recommend.
    We barely made it through season 1. Season 2 was a no-go after episode 1. Clearly, mileage varies here.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Just wrapped up Season 5 of Better Call Saul. I like this prequel to Breaking Bad, and need to rewatch the latter series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We barely made it through season 1. Season 2 was a no-go after episode 1. Clearly, mileage varies here.
    I didn't even realize they made a second season. I watched the first season on narcotics after hernia surgery and barely made it through. The story had potential but just wasn't executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I didn't even realize they made a second season. I watched the first season on narcotics after hernia surgery and barely made it through. The story had potential but just wasn't executed.
    Pretty much sums it up. The new season doesn't get high marks, fwiw, on rotten tomatoes. I usually check imdb but happened on the other.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Couldn't think of what to watch last night, so we watched the first couple episodes of "Breaking Bad". (We've not watched it since the first time through.)

Beyotch!
    I'm on season two. Seeing in it the context of Saul is interesting. My wife is enjoying it more on the rewatch. Jesus, they fit a lot in for the second season.

I am starting to think Saul has better pacing.

Definitely up for a Shield rewatch next.

ETA: I feel like Sopranos/The Shield/Breaking Bad/Saul are a "chain" of shows that develop the study of how evil works.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 05-24-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Pretty much sums it up. The new season doesn't get high marks, fwiw, on rotten tomatoes. I usually check imdb but happened on the other.
    I enjoyed the second season, but if you didn't enjoy the first one then the second one is not going to change your mind.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If this applies to old documentaries, Fearful Visitation, a documentary about the PS General Slocum Fire.

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just watched Unknown Soldier on Amazon. It’s a 2020 War film from Finland, detailing the trials and tribulations of an infantry unit during the Continuation War of 1941-1944. If you’re a student of WWII history, you should check it out. Lots of Suomi, Lahti and T-34 action.

https://youtu.be/NTYesNj_sBg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I saw this video about shooting IDPA and liked it very much:

With Bob Vogel and Michael Talbott (aka Switek from Miami Vice). Cool dudes, great performance, nice atmosphere.

Into the Badlands--AMC, Netflix. It's a Kung Fu/Western hybrid that holds up pretty well on re-watching. Upscales to 4k from HD very nicely, great colors on my Sony. Not in the same league visually as Altered Carbon, but certainly better than a lot of 4K UHD content.

The Silence--Netflix. It wants to be A Quiet Place so badly, but it's not. Formulaic monster apocalypse:

(1) ZOMG MONSTERS WHAT ARE THEY??!!
    (2) Unprepared Dad: We must evacuate in a random direction. North sounds good.
    (3) Dad's Friend With Lots of Guns: Follow me, I have guns.
    (4) Dad's Friend: My guns are useless, allow me to sacrifice myself heroically because :kids:. Make sure to leave all my guns behind, because surely they will not come in handy.
    (5) Average Housewife: Monsters have injured me, I will die without a bunch of random bottles from pharmacy.
    (6) Insane Preacher: Whutup! Even though it has been less than 36 hours since :monsters:, we have cut out our tongues and killed everyone else in our town, because everyone in a small town is two steps away from being in a torture cult. You should join us, let me make some vaguely rape-y insinuations about your daughter being fertile!
    (7) Unprepared Dad: lolno
    (8) Insane Preacher: Not a request. Behold, my insidious midnight attack using monsters!
    (9) Grandma With Cancer: Allow me to sacrifice myself heroically because :kids:.
    (10) Average Housewife: Even though it looked like I was just dying and my leg was swollen to twice it's normal size, I will now start killing cultists with a hammer because don't take my fertile daughter.
    (11) Unprepared Dad: Nobody's fucking my daughter, especially not some tongueless whacko cult leader.
    (12) Insane Preacher: Srsly, why'd we cut out our tongues? That wouldn't make anyone quiet, just unintelligible.
    (13) Unprepared Dad: I have found inner strength to be more like my big, strong, dumb friend who is dead. I will now smash this preacher's skull into jelly with a shotgun butt.
    (14) Unprepared Dad: Okay, north.
    (15) Daughter Who Is Deaf: Look how well we have adapted to the New Normal of Flying Sound Monsters! Also, I am now strong, even though I contributed absolutely fuck-all to my own survival this entire time, when even my 9-year-old brother killed that guy with the spear. And look, my pissant boyfriend from New Jersey survived and somehow walked all the way up here!
    (16) Pissant Boyfriend: Even though she is stronger than me, I am totally fucking her.
    (17) Unprepared Dad: Goddammit.

The dude that played the preacher was actually pretty good, but he also had literally zero lines. Stanley Tucci played Stanley Tucci, he worked with what he had. I would not bother watching it, just get A Quiet Place instead.

User Tag List