Page 474 of 819 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524574 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched "Extraction" on Netflix... Basically Tactical AF Chris Hemsworth impersonates John Wick remaking Taken.
    I enjoyed it.

We just watched “Dr. No” (first Bond film, 1962) again. Good fun.

The gun handling is laughably awful, with fingers always on triggers. There’s a classic bad rear-projection car chase with the mandatory grimacing and sawing at the wheel, and squealing tires on a dirt road. And of course there are Sean Connery’s eyebrows....

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Just started WestWorld.
    Not sure I'm gonna be able to make it to the end.
    I'm at S1E2. Just not that into it.
    That's farther than we got...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Watched "Den of Theives" on Netflix yesterday. Mildly entertaining. It was essentially "Heat" with a dash of "The Usual Suspects", hold the Michael Mann.

Gerard Butler's character was UBER-unlikeable. The main bad guy was too. Their incessant dick-measuring contest was boring and a waste of time in a movie that was already too long.

If you've got nothing better to do, give it a look....but I emphasize NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Watched "Den of Theives" on Netflix yesterday. Mildly entertaining. It was essentially "Heat" with a dash of "The Usual Suspects", hold the Michael Mann.

Gerard Butler's character was UBER-unlikeable. The main bad guy was too. Their incessant dick-measuring contest was boring and a waste of time in a movie that was already too long.

If you've got nothing better to do, give it a look....but I emphasize NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

Rosco
    I got about 10 to 15 minutes in on that one before needing to bail.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Started the second season of Altered Carbon - not feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's farther than we got...
    Yeah, well, I am a glutton for punishment.
    I think I just have some ideological issue's with it.
    The way the guest's treat the host's, with all the raping and shooting them up, just seems wrong on some level I can't explain.
    I mean, if this tech was real, I would certainly hope that this scenario wouldn't happen.

Maybe it it should be called "Humans treating their new synthetic pets badly". Meh, that's way to long a title for the TV Guide.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Yeah, well, I am a glutton for punishment.
    I think I just have some ideological issue's with it.
    The way the guest's treat the host's, with all the raping and shooting them up, just seems wrong on some level I can't explain.
    I mean, if this tech was real, I would certainly hope that this scenario wouldn't happen.

Maybe it it should be called "Humans treating their new synthetic pets badly". Meh, that's way to long a title for the TV Guide.
    That's the whole point of the show... The humans are terrible people and the robots rise up to exact revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Extraction was solid. Plot is simple, action direction is consistent and fun.

Some unusual kit for a movie (dude uses a Leupold Devo), and I appreciated the sound design, even though the mixing was a bit off. They got suppressors right for the most part (a metallic, gassy clank, not “pteew pteew”), and the pistols sounded pretty much like standing behind an outdoor firing line with no ears on. They were mixed too quiet relative to the other on-screen noise, and there was very little echo in urban/indoor environments, so all those sounds must have been post-production foley work. CGI muzzle flash and some weird CGI blood effects were noticeable in spots.

Numerous instances of bad guys, including faceless goons, fighting through body shots. Unusual insofar as movies go in that respect.

Highlights include a well-done pseudo one-take and a guy breaking a guy with another guy.
    One of the military advisors for Extraction is a VTAC Instructor.

Firearms Nation Podcast: CHILI PALMER – MILITARY ADVISOR ON THE NEW MOVIE “EXTRACTION”

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Watching "Contagion"... Tons of parallels for what's going on today.

User Tag List