Page 473 of 819 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Watched "Dragged Across Concrete" on HBO last night. Great cast, who were doomed by a really stupid screenplay. The dialog was jarringly stilted and just plain bad. To drag out the misery, the movie was really long too.

Initially, the dialog and pacing reminded me of an old buddy cop movie called "Busting", with Robert Blake and Elliot Gould, so I gave it a chance. I shouldn't have.

Rosco

Pretty much agree.

Not to mention terrible plot holes and gaps, such as the one surviving "likeable felon" burying multiple dead bodies in shallow graves at the end of the film, with the viewer being asked to believe that such went undiscovered forever, plus the abrupt and unexplained disappearance of both of the protagonist cops going apparently unquestioned by friends or family.

And it was way too long for a silly "actioner".
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    Watching VEXED - a funny British cop show on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    The crew behind The Night Manager and The Little Drummer Girl are remaking The Spy Who Came In From The Cold next.

Interestingly, the novel was written in 1963. Le Carre wrote a sequel, a Legacy of Spies, in 2017.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Watched Killing Them Softly with Brad Pitt etc last night. I liked it. I thought the dialog was meaty and the character development was spot on. B+.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    In The Electric Mist, starring Tommy Lee Jones. It was a pretty fair adaption of James Lee Burke's novel In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead. It's not bad if you ignore the quibble that almost nobody in the movie sounds like they live in the South, let alone Cajun country.

It went straight to DVD. Only the studio cut is available. My impression has been that the majority of the time, studio cuts are worse than the director's version. I got the impression that a meaningful scene was missing.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    In The Electric Mist, starring Tommy Lee Jones. It was a pretty fair adaption of James Lee Burke's novel In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead. It's not bad if you ignore the quibble that almost nobody in the movie sounds like they live in the South, let alone Cajun country.

It went straight to DVD. Only the studio cut is available. My impression has been that the majority of the time, studio cuts are worse than the director's version. I got the impression that a meaningful scene was missing.
    It was better than the first movie adaptation of another one of his novels (I don't remember the name of it, it had Alec Baldwin), but still not as good as desired. Then again, James Lee Burke's writing is closer to literature than regular police procedurals and a silver screen translation will always be lacking.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

"The Night Comes for Us" on Netflix. If you liked the ultraviolence and insane choreography of The Raid this is worth checking out. Characters were hard to tell who was who, story seemed hard to follow but I was also drunk so, eh. Still cool.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Craig S. Ashlee makes some pretty divisive stuff. He has made some gems.
    My phone apparently is allergic to the name “Zahler.”
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Craig S. Ashlee makes some pretty divisive stuff. He has made some gems. I highly recommend “Bone Tomahawk.” It’s a period Western horror. His style of writing translates really well to a period, and sort of surreal, setting.

Great cast, great performances, and the sound and production design are spot-on for the tone of the film.
    He also did Brawl in Cell Block 99, which was kinda awesome.

Just started WestWorld.
    Not sure I'm gonna be able to make it to the end.
    I'm at S1E2. Just not that into it.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List