Page 459 of 819 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Let me know.
    Loved it! But you have to be a fan of "B" movies; this might even be a "C" movie!

Site Supporter

Zero Zero Zero on Prime

I binged Season 1 a couple nights ago. It's pretty darn good. There's some disturbingly bad gun stuff in S1E8. You won't miss it.

Watched Terminator: Dark Fate tonight. It's no T2, but I was entertained.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Just finished Briarpatch on USA. I happen to like Rosario Dawson so it was all good to me. The series was chock full of character actors whom you would not know their names but you have seen them in a ton of series/movies.

Fauda S3 is out on Netflix today

Bosch S6 is out on Amazon tomorrow which could mean today if they start it 12ish hours early like they started Jack Ryan S2.

Site Supporter
    Watched the last episode of Daredevil on Netflix. Liked the show. One gun nut quibble. Big gun fight with the bad gun. He picks up a FBI Glock to shoot someone, it goes click and he throws it away. No slide lock back. Typical.

Code 8 - Netflicks

Movie. Good for killing some time. Sci-Fi action crime drama and it is conceptually cool. IMDB has it as a 6.1. Ehhhh, I don't think so, perhaps a 5. YMMV. We have a futuristic police force, also equipped with robocops, chasing after criminals with 'special abilities/magic powers - one turning to crime in an effort to save his dying mother).

Concept - 9
    Script - 6 kinda drags at a few places, but not too badly)
    Effects - 7 (not a high budget film, but very decent effects for a low budget movie)
    Acting - anywhere from 3 - 7 depending on who is on the screen.

I was entertained and actually made it to the end which doesn't always happen with Netflicks movies.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watched the last episode of Daredevil on Netflix. Liked the show. One gun nut quibble. Big gun fight with the bad gun. He picks up a FBI Glock to shoot someone, it goes click and he throws it away. No slide lock back. Typical.
    Maybe the agent rides the slide stop so the gun never locks back on empty.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Watched a low-budget SF flick on Amazon yesterday, "B4."

Sort of a fun "B movie." (Pun intended) Acting is a bit uneven, but the premise is interesting. It starts falling apart about the point where one of the characters gives a "scientific" explanation for what's happening. Leaving it mysterious would have kept the creepy tone far better.

It probably would have worked better as a Black Mirror episode with a higher budget. I have to give the filmmakers props for what they did with a parking garage and five actors and very little else.

Getting close to the end of season 3 of "The Deuce." Still great, but season two was more interesting for some reason. It feels like I know where these characters are going to end up already.

I haven't got around watching beyond the first ep of "The Plot Against America." Another David Chase creation, and everything is well done, but it just seems too predictable.

A while back I meant to mention this but I forgot. There's an interesting mini series on Netflix called The Toys That Made Us. It is surprisingly interesting. I've got a few of the episodes left, but it's a documentary with insider interviews about the history behind some of the most famous toys. Each episode features a specific toy line. Everything from Transformers to Barbie to GI Joe, My Little Pony, He-Man, Star Wars and Star Trek and some others.

It's amazing how dark that industry is! Tons of backstabbing and outright theft/ripping off of competitors. I love that Barbie was actually a European doll first modeled after a Dutch hooker. It's seriously some crazy stuff, check it out.

Hitchcock and Bond films

Doing a mixture of older films.

Last weekend were a few Connery (Thunderball) and Moore (Golden Gun) Bond films. Love them. I will never pass up an opportunity to watch a classic Bond film for the umpteenth time.

This week is Hitchcock. Saw Vertigo once about 10 years ago and found it boring. Only one of his I really have ever disliked. Watched it again last night and still don't like it any better. Nice scenery but that is it. Looking forward to Rear Window tonight (always like that one) and maybe Dial M for Murder this weekend.

User Tag List