Page 449 of 495 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4947

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

"A Letter to Three Wives." 1949. Jeanne Crain, Linda Darnell, Ann Sothern, Kirk Douglas, Paul Douglas, Jeffery Lynn.

These three wives are boarding a boat filled with children going on a picnic when a messenger on a bicycle hands them a letter addressed to all three from Addie who has just left town with one of their husbands. They won't know which one until that night.

Just a lot of fun in a classic way.

I'm a Security Guard at the public Library. We are closed to the public except for drive-through. They are letting me continue to work. Trying to keep busy I've volunteered to put updated info stickers on our DVDs. (Number that can be checked out and fine amounts.)
    I'm running across some great old movies. And, some maybe not so great. "Knight of the Spiders," William Shatner. - Cover says it's a "cult classic."

I didn't know there were so many iterations of "Mr. Roberts." I knew about the 1964 version with Burl Ives and Walter Matthau, but not the 1955 version, or the stage play version that was filmed.

I have watched the first 4-5 eps of "Strange Angel" on CBS All Access with my wife. Sex, explosions, rockets, the occult, politics in academia ...what more could you want?

Well done, and I love the actors, but I am bracing myself for disappointment with only two short seasons. Jack Parsons' weird, brief, but incredibly interesting life deserves more than that. I was mostly familiar with him for the involvement he had with L.Ron Hubbard, but that was really more a coda to the more interesting parts of his life than a central event. Some folks claim that JPL really stands for "Jack Parsons' Laboratory" or "Jack Parsons Lives!"

Mr. Parsons comes across as equal parts genius and charlatan, just as much a rube as a con-man. You know, a real American. 😉
    "...if you donít like revolvers in various shapes and sizes (and, given the thrust of your post, *especially* 5-shot compacts with proven ammo), then you donít like America. Fact." --Sidheshooter
    Heinlein was right. Let's hope it's not Nehemiah Scudder on the ballot in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I didn't know there were so many iterations of "Mr. Roberts." I knew about the 1964 version with Burl Ives and Walter Matthau, but not the 1955 version, or the stage play version that was filmed.

Wow. You had me go off looking, because I had never heard of the 1964 version of Mr. Roberts. I knew the famous 1955 version with Henry Fonda (pretty much every memorial day), as well as the 1984 tv version (haven't seen in decades, no comparison).
    That said, the 1964, ISN'T Mr. Roberts, but Ensign Pulver. An OK movie in its own right, but no Mr. Roberts.

As long as your in a war movie thing, there are several versions as what they did in the play, was deemed inappropriate by the censors, but was in the movie; check out No Time For Sergeants.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Wow. You had me go off looking, because I had never heard of the 1964 version of Mr. Roberts. I knew the famous 1955 version with Henry Fonda (pretty much every memorial day), as well as the 1984 tv version (haven't seen in decades, no comparison).
    That said, the 1964, ISN'T Mr. Roberts, but Ensign Pulver. An OK movie in its own right, but no Mr. Roberts.

As long as your in a war movie thing, there are several versions as what they did in the play, was deemed inappropriate by the censors, but was in the movie; check out No Time For Sergeants.
    NTFS another one of my old favorites. If I'm not mistaken, that was the first time Andy Griffith and Don Knox worked together. Don was already channeling Barney Fife.
    Funny, for some reason I always thought Ensign Pulver was titled Mr. Roberts. I don't guess I haven't seen Mr. Roberts then. Whelp, we've got a copy at the library. I'll see it soon.

Just started Counterpart on Amazon Prime. I think I'm hooked - the first episode definitely sucked me in. It is cool to see J.K. Simmons in a leading role(s).

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Tiger King - as mindless entertainment, it was fun and crazy. Will probably start Narcos next - trying to make the most of the Netflix 30-day free trial. For reference, my favorite television series of all time is Justified.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    Tiger King - as mindless entertainment, it was fun and crazy. Will probably start Narcos next - trying to make the most of the Netflix 30-day free trial. For reference, my favorite television series of all time is Justified.
    Well then, with Narcos you'll just have to get comfortable with a more well heeled variety of miscreant. (Don't ask me how I know.)
    Dare to speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Just started Counterpart on Amazon Prime. I think I'm hooked - the first episode definitely sucked me in. It is cool to see J.K. Simmons in a leading role(s).
    I just added that to my watchlist last night. It's weird there's 2 seasons of it yet I haven't came across it on Prime until last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I just added that to my watchlist last night. It's weird there's 2 seasons of it yet I haven't came across it on Prime until last night.
    Unfortunately I understand there won't be a third season, despite some terrific reviews. However, I'm also told that the Season Two finale also serves well as a series finale, so I'm not dissuaded.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Unfortunately I understand there won't be a third season, despite some terrific reviews. However, I'm also told that the Season Two finale also serves well as a series finale, so I'm not dissuaded.
    We watched partway into the second season but it got so convoluted and pointless that we just lost interest. YMMV, of course.

It was like Seinfeld...a show about nothing.
    Dare to speak the truth

User Tag List