Page 448 of 812 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Wow. You had me go off looking, because I had never heard of the 1964 version of Mr. Roberts. I knew the famous 1955 version with Henry Fonda (pretty much every memorial day), as well as the 1984 tv version (haven't seen in decades, no comparison).
    That said, the 1964, ISN'T Mr. Roberts, but Ensign Pulver. An OK movie in its own right, but no Mr. Roberts.

As long as your in a war movie thing, there are several versions as what they did in the play, was deemed inappropriate by the censors, but was in the movie; check out No Time For Sergeants.
    NTFS another one of my old favorites. If I'm not mistaken, that was the first time Andy Griffith and Don Knox worked together. Don was already channeling Barney Fife.
    Funny, for some reason I always thought Ensign Pulver was titled Mr. Roberts. I don't guess I haven't seen Mr. Roberts then. Whelp, we've got a copy at the library. I'll see it soon.

Just started Counterpart on Amazon Prime. I think I'm hooked - the first episode definitely sucked me in. It is cool to see J.K. Simmons in a leading role(s).

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Tiger King - as mindless entertainment, it was fun and crazy. Will probably start Narcos next - trying to make the most of the Netflix 30-day free trial. For reference, my favorite television series of all time is Justified.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    Tiger King - as mindless entertainment, it was fun and crazy. Will probably start Narcos next - trying to make the most of the Netflix 30-day free trial. For reference, my favorite television series of all time is Justified.
    Well then, with Narcos you'll just have to get comfortable with a more well heeled variety of miscreant. (Don't ask me how I know.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Just started Counterpart on Amazon Prime. I think I'm hooked - the first episode definitely sucked me in. It is cool to see J.K. Simmons in a leading role(s).
    I just added that to my watchlist last night. It's weird there's 2 seasons of it yet I haven't came across it on Prime until last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I just added that to my watchlist last night. It's weird there's 2 seasons of it yet I haven't came across it on Prime until last night.
    Unfortunately I understand there won't be a third season, despite some terrific reviews. However, I'm also told that the Season Two finale also serves well as a series finale, so I'm not dissuaded.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Unfortunately I understand there won't be a third season, despite some terrific reviews. However, I'm also told that the Season Two finale also serves well as a series finale, so I'm not dissuaded.
    We watched partway into the second season but it got so convoluted and pointless that we just lost interest. YMMV, of course.

It was like Seinfeld...a show about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    Name:  86810433-6349-489D-B4F6-49F2EA86769F.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  67.7 KB

Car Masters: Rust to Riches season 2 on Netflix. Still annoyingly repetititive, but quite interesting. One of the very few watchable reality TV series.

I think this would be the perfect show for a car guy with Altzheimers, since they stop to explain everything every five minutes.

We shall be watching season 3 if there will be one.

Finished season 3 of "Ozark" last night. The season did not disappoint and the acting was excellent. Look forward to the next season whenever that may be.

Also finished the 2nd season of "Suburra". It's hard to recommend though it has its moments. It could have been much better, imho.

User Tag List