Page 445 of 820 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    If you're into comedy, you probably know of Bert Kreischer. If you don't know Bert, start here with his Machine story:
    Just kicked turned on Hey Big Boy - this might be one of the best standup routines I've yet seen. While I'd personally put Bill Burr and Chappelle ahead, my wife is about falling off the couch laughing. It's not often I can put something like that on and she actually enjoys it.

Maybe tonight....
    Name:  OS3.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  31.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Finished the first season of Daredevil. Mildly entertaning. I wouldn't pay for it on a streaming service on my own - get Neflix on a family account.

One annoying thing is the usual Star Trek 'red shirt' incompetence of most law enforcement in a fight. The villians are shootin' and fist flying super dooper men and the law are complete klutzes.

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Jeffrey Pelt:
    Mr. Ambassador, you have nearly a hundred naval vessels operating in the North Atlantic right now. Your aircraft has dropped enough sonar buoys so that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet. Now, shall we dispense with the bull?

Ambassador Lysenko:
    You make your point as delicately as ever, Mr. Pelt.
    still one of the funniest lines ever, imho.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Maybe tonight....
    Name:  OS3.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  31.7 KB

Watched the season opener tonight. I think its gonna be good. the ending was pretty good. Julia Garner continues to shine in her role as Ruth.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I finally got around to watching "Once upon a time...in Hollywood" last night. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was as great as everyone carried on about. It was nearly 3 hours long and I felt like it could have been cut down to 2 without losing anything of merit.

The new Dracula show on Netflix.

I didn't like it much for the first 15 minutes but it gets much better. Dracula is an A-hole and there is some very dark humor.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    To recap:

Concur re Narcos 2 and Giri/Hiri on Netflix.

Just Binged Drive to Survive S2 re 2019 F1 season. Solid. Those drivers are so young. On Netflix as well

Starting Ozark S3 as we speak. Looks to be promising.

PS-Bosch New SEASON 4/15 or 16 IIRC.

Just finished Altered Carbon Season Two; I doubt I'll be back for Season Three. They've moved too far away from the source material; the villains are cartoonishly evil, and Kovacs is decidedly less interesting with his love interest walking around. They've squandered the creative opportunities presented by the books and a universe where people can be "resleeeved" - I guess when you sign Joel Kinnamann and Anthony Mackie to the starring role you want him in every scene. A friend of mine noted that for a series about immortals who talk a lot about "real death", no one we care about ever dies, and there is no dramatic tension at all. Maybe it'll change now that they've moved past the books for inspiration (this one was a train-wreck of the third book with some character names unnecessarily drawn from the second), but I won't be sticking around to find out.

I'll note that I think there is potential in Altered Carbon: Resleeved, a Netflix anime set in the AC universe. It suffers from some of the same lack of embracing the possibilities of the technology that the live-action series does (even a drawn Kovacs doesn't swap sleeves throughout the story), but the animation was fantastic and seemed to match well with the cyber-punk milieu (I find myself wishing that Netflix used this animation style for the forthcoming Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045, though I'm trying to remain optimistic about the upcoming reboot). I enjoyed Resleeved more than the second season, and I'd give future iterations a shot. The action scenes were really well done. I wonder if we'll see the second book adapted for this series, as the scope of that story would make it an expensive live-action production indeed, but I could see it work quite well in this format, as it is very much a self-contained story.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List