Page 440 of 820 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Panfilov's 28 Men is on Prime.

Foreign film but pretty good if you like WWII eastern front type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Marky Mark has now taken two good book series (Spenser and Bob Lee Swagger) that should have been slam dunks on screen and completely destroyed them.
    That's for sure.

Books almost NEVER adequately translate to movies, but those were standouts in awfulness.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Really enjoyed The Foreigner on Netflix.

They kept referring to him as a sixty year old man that was beating them, probably part of the reason I was rooting for him

Binge-watched all even episodes of "Escape at Dannemora" on Prime yesterday. I thought it was exceptional. Benecio Del Toro seems to always just play the same guy. He was good in his role, but not anything special. Patricia Arquette, on the other hand, was amazing. She was like a train wreck that you really don't want to see, but you keep looking anyway. Eric Lange, playing Arquette's husband was amazing too They succeeded in making living in a decaying little town, while working crappy jobs, and being stuck in a unsatisfying marriage look WORSE that being in prison.

SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW

Ben Stiller deserves kudos for episode 6. In case, by that point, the viewer has any sympathy for the Matt, Sweat, and even Tilly, this episode dispels any such thoughts. These are all shitty people, who made shitty choices, and deserved what they got (or worse).

Rosco

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Marky Mark has now taken two good book series (Spenser and Bob Lee Swagger) that should have been slam dunks on screen and completely destroyed them.
    I don't know how much he had to do with Shooter. Somebody had to write the screenplay and some producers and a director had to make them. Shooter wasted the character of the actual shooter and not using the courtroom scene in the book was a loss of the Sam Vincent character and a part of the book that could have been translated into the script with little effort.

I suspect that Felonious Mark was hired help for that one,

As for the Netflix movie, I'll bet his fingerprints are all over it.

But Parker didn't give a shit about any legacy and as for his estate, as long as the checks clear, the title role can be played by an albino midget from South Asia, for all they care.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Just watched "Lincoln Lawyer". I had read the book and the movie was awesome, followed the book almost perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Just watched "Lincoln Lawyer". I had read the book and the movie was awesome, followed the book almost perfectly.
    I couldn't get past Matthew McConaughey in the lead role. Had to part ways with the film a short ways into it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Giri/Haji (Netflix) - A murder-mystery with a Japanese detective and a yakuza brother that jumps back and forth between Tokyo and London. Very slickly filmed and, while the overall tone is somber, the dialog has repeatedly surprised me with how funny it is.

We're only one episode into it, but if you're prepared to put up with subtitles, I'd say it's worth a try.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    We're only one episode into it, but if you're prepared to put up with subtitles, I'd say it's worth a try.
    Gomorrah Seasons 1-2 are also on Netflix if you can deal with subtitles. Terrific show.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Gomorrah Seasons 1-2 are also on Netflix if you can deal with subtitles. Terrific show.
    Don't remind me of what we're missing...

I hope they resolve the mess with the Weinstein company's rights etc one of these years.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List