Page 437 of 817 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 8169

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I saw American Assassin on Netflix. It was pretty entertaining. Since when did Michael Keaton (aka Mr. Mom) become a badass character actor?
    He played a pretty evil MF in "Pacific Heights" in 1990. Can't speak to his action hero roles as I don't recall any offhand (that I've seen).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I saw American Assassin on Netflix. It was pretty entertaining. Since when did Michael Keaton (aka Mr. Mom) become a badass character actor?
    Arguably the best Batman.

Spoon Dog - Surreal. Color. TRT: qqmin qq sec.

I like surreal films, so I made this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMY16pP_3i4

No big Whup

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sometimes we watch Amazon Prime or go get a Redbox offering, or occasionally out to the theater to see a movie.

Just wondering, what have you seen lately on TV or at the movies?

Did you like it?

Spenser: Confidential on Netflix. Don't even try to pretend that it has anything to do with the classic books of Spenser for Hire and you'll probably like it far more than I did. I was the only child of a single mother and Spenser was my chosen surrogate dad, so I take this shit kinda personal.

The names Spenser, Hawk & Henry Cimoli appear, so do some boxing gloves...there ends the resemblance to the stories that helped shape my journey to adulthood. Liza Schlessinger's, ummm, talents aren't horrible to look at.

I can't watch anything with Mark Wahlberg. I made one or two exceptions, "The Departed" being the main one. When I see his name I just pass it on by.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Liza Schlessinger's, ummm, talents aren't horrible to look at.
    I like her:
    https://youtu.be/Ke6KMqQd4Vo

Ah, I like Liza just fine, we've enjoyed her stand up and she was enjoyable as Sissy. But Sissy ain't no Susan Silverman.

For my money, the casting on the tv show really nailed it; Robert Urich will always be the Spenser I picture, Avery Brooks simply was Hawk and Barbara Stock captured the beauty and grace Parker described in Susan Silverman. Everything else pales by comparison.

Side note: Tom Selleck, a self proclaimed Parker fan is fantastic as Jesse Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Spenser: Confidential on Netflix. Don't even try to pretend that it has anything to do with the classic books of Spenser for Hire and you'll probably like it far more than I did. I was the only child of a single mother and Spenser was my chosen surrogate dad, so I take this shit kinda personal.
    Right in that boat with you, man. I'm a Boston native and grew up reading them all. Bob Urich didn't work for me, since I had an image of Spenser firmly established in my mind before the show came on when I was in HS. (He was the dude from Vega$ reruns.) But I do have a signed script from the show, and he was the best of the TV Spensers. Joe Mantegna?! Are you f'ing kidding me??

I met Robert B. Parker at a book signing, when I was in my twenties. Told him I was a huge fan and was psyched to meet him. He said, "Where you been? I've been waiting!" Then I asked him what he thought about the casting of his characters. With a big smile on his face, he said, "The books are the books. The shows are the shows. And the money is the money."

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Vexed, season 1: three episodes of British police comedy about two incompetent DI's that somehow stumble into the correct answer of who dunnit. Girlfriend had some laugh out loud hysterically episodes, I thought it was somewhat amusing.
    I forgot to mention: just watch the first minute of the first episode. If the opening scene doesn't make you laugh, the series is probably not for you. (And if it does, well, that was one of the best scenes in the entire series, but you still have things like the hilariously unsuccessful murder-suicide attempt to look forward to...)

Since when did Michael Keaton (aka Mr. Mom) become a badass character actor?
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He played a pretty evil MF in "Pacific Heights" in 1990.
    Maybe where John Krasinski got his inspiration?
    Name:  JK.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  39.4 KB

User Tag List