Page 436 of 819 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm really surprised people actually like it. The first season was okay, if a bit over the top. I just couldn't get past any more than that.

I guess I expect more realism from shows of that sort. Silly me.
    Definitely a show where you have to suspend some belief and just go with it. I watch very little TV or movies so im not even sure what passes as good anymore. Lol.

SB is.an entertaining way to turn off my brain for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Where did you see Parasite?
    Got it from a redbox

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I am still not clear on who the Envoys are. The show (and several wikis) can't decide if they are protectorate special forces or Quellists.
    In the books, they were government special operations, with the government being the UN, if I remember correctly. In the show, they're Quellists.

The last few episodes of season two were surprisingly good, but you really had to wade through the first five episodes to get there. Overall, I think "wasted potential" is the best way to describe the second season.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    they cut way back on the tata's
    You know there is a Spoiler Alert font, right?

Vexed, season 1: three episodes of British police comedy about two incompetent DI's that somehow stumble into the correct answer of who dunnit. Girlfriend had some laugh out loud hysterically episodes, I thought it was somewhat amusing.

V Wars: researchers accidentally release an ancient virus that turns some people into vampires. We're half way through season 1 at this point. Pretty dorky, but then watching how the real world has been handling the corona virus makes the TV incompetencies somehow more realistic... Well, until the latest episode we watched. I kind of doubt DNS hands Desert Eagles to civilians who know absolutely nothing about firearms. :P I'm getting the vibe the dorkiness is starting to increase at an exponential rate. We shall see. The first half of the season has been stupid, but watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    In the books, they were government special operations, with the government being the UN, if I remember correctly. In the show, they're Quellists.

The last few episodes of season two were surprisingly good, but you really had to wade through the first five episodes to get there. Overall, I think "wasted potential" is the best way to describe the second season.
    Man, I'm half way through Season Two and I'm about to check out. I'm a fan of the books but the changes are jarring. They've mashed the second and third books together in a plot train wreck. Is it really worth sticking out?

You are correct; in the books, the Envoys are the UN Protectorate's counter-insurgency force (hence the UN Envoys). Furthermore, Quell is not a contemporary of Kovacs; there is no long-lost romance. She was killed hundreds of years before Kovacs was born, though her written works continue to inspire revolution from beyond the grave.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Grizzly is on amazon prime.

A classic.

Escape from Dannemora on Prime. Great miniseries on the two guys that escaped with the help of a female prison employee in NY.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Just watched Blade Runner: The Final Cut again. Holds up surprisingly well. The remaster is impressive - it certainly doesn't look (nearly) 40 years old.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I saw American Assassin on Netflix. It was pretty entertaining. Since when did Michael Keaton (aka Mr. Mom) become a badass character actor?

User Tag List