Page 435 of 812 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    We're four episodes into Altered Carbon season 2 and are pretty thoroughly underwhelmed. It lacks the grittiness that made the first season interesting, and while the show keeps hinting there's a really interesting story buried in there, it's seriously dragging its feet telling it. There's only eight episodes total and we're not real hopeful for the next four.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Just finished Light of My Life on Prime. Written, directed, starring Casey Affleck (who is definitely not Ben).

I thought it was really quite well done. Wonderful job capturing the love Caleb and Rag have for one another. As a director, Affleck also does a great job of building tension almost constantly; it's slower paced (until it isn't) but always ominous. Don't want to say more to avoid spoilers. Check it out...
    Last edited by Earlymonk; 03-07-2020 at 12:39 AM.

7 episodes into Altered Carbon season 2 and I cant really remember anything particularly interesting. It also has been watered down to the point were it could have aired on cable TV.
    It replays a lot of the same story patterns as the first, but with less interesting plot points and characters than the first.
    Essentially two different character's struggle with memory issues while Takeshi is hunted by a power hungry politician for reasons.
    An appearance of Micheal Shanks (SG-1) and later Alessandro Juliani (BSG) was fun.

I am still not clear on who the Envoys are. The show (and several wikis) can't decide if they are protectorate special forces or Quellists.

I like it as it's own thing, but only because I m a sci-fi nerd and we don't have much new sci-fi these day.

The new season of strike back is... Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I enjoyed "Knives Out" -- enough twists and turns to be interesting without becoming convoluted.

"Parasite" was interesting in presentation, but the SJW classism greatly detracted from the story.

Gave up on "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" - it wasn't awful, but after 45 minutes I just didn't care enough to see where it went.
    Where did you see Parasite?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Gave up on "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" - it wasn't awful, but after 45 minutes I just didn't care enough to see where it went.
    Tarantino movies, these days, seem to be movies that are made for movie people. There are long scenes that are, apparently, lovingly staged and shot, but which appear to do nothing to advance the story (ie, "Sharon Tate goes to the movies to see herself").

It's sort of how comedians thought that Andy Kaufman was some sort of comic god and almost everyone else though his act was somewhere between stupid and bain-bramaged.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Finished up the current (3rd) season of Babylon Berlin on Netflix. I'd rate this season as "don't waste your time". Very disappointed at the disjointed delivery and poorly executed story line. Not sure I'll go back for another helping if there is one. The missus shares the same opinion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    The new season of strike back is... Interesting.
    I'm enjoying it, even if they cut way back on the tata's

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I'm enjoying it, even if they cut way back on the tata's
    Im really surprised it isn't a more popular show.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Im really surprised it isn't a more popular show.
    I'm really surprised people actually like it. The first season was okay, if a bit over the top. I just couldn't get past any more than that.

I guess I expect more realism from shows of that sort. Silly me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List