Page 427 of 819 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We're watching "The Office" on Netflix. Never bothered to watch the show when it was on back in the day.

So refreshing to watch something which casts political correctness aside and most anything is fair game.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So refreshing to watch something which casts political correctness aside and most anything is fair game.
    Like Jan's boob job...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Like Jan's boob job...
    ...and racial stuff, ethnic stuff, gender / sexual preference stuff. It's not all gold but enough of it elicits a laugh to be worthwhile.

A show that can actually make a point by poking fun and holes. We don't have to take ourselves so friggin' seriously (so much of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    After I finished Lone Wolf McQuade Amazon suggested Running Scared starring Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal. This movie is one of my favorites. The acting is great, the dialog is unrealistic but funny and works. Think Santa Clarita Diet but turned all the way down and subtly sprinkled in rather than being front-and-center. A bit like Bad Boys with less action. They did throw in a nice car chase though. The jokes come quick and the story moves fast so you have to pay attention. This isn't really one you can have on while doing something else but it's also a basic 80's buddy cop comedy so it's not like you'd be missing major plot points if you checked instagram while it was playing.

If you've never seen it watch it just to hear Billy Crystal utter a very under rated line: "Habla Smith and Wesson?"
    Does that have a climax that involves the heros wielding MAC-10s? Or Micro-Uzis? Or was that some other 80's buddy cop movie? Full auto fixed everything in the 1980s.

Watched season two of You--they went full bore with the satire this time, but it still worked.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Does that have a climax that involves the heros wielding MAC-10s? Or Micro-Uzis? Or was that some other 80's buddy cop movie? Full auto fixed everything in the 1980s.
    Yes. A lot of full auto gun fire at the very end. Gregory Hines hoses down a bad guy while swinging from a window washing harness.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Lately, I've been educating my oldest son on the intricacies of 80's fantasy. So much cheese to cut through.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Yes. A lot of full auto gun fire at the very end. Gregory Hines hoses down a bad guy while swinging from a window washing harness.
    Yeah, aside from remembering that it was funny, that's the only thing I remember from seeing that film once when it came out. I will give it a rewatch one of these days. Maybe with a grandkid or two when they are a little older.

Of course, every 80s action movie had to have lots of full auto at the end. It made me think I needed full-auto real bad...until I actually got trigger time on a full-auto Mini-14.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Yeah, aside from remembering that it was funny, that's the only thing I remember from seeing that film once when it came out. I will give it a rewatch one of these days. Maybe with a grandkid or two when they are a little older.
    It's a funny movie, Crystal and Hines are on point. But it's a fairly generic plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Running Scared is one that both the wife and I enjoy revisiting every few years. Some great laughs.
    (Kind of like "Trading Places" in that respect.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Lately, I've been educating my oldest son on the intricacies of 80's fantasy. So much cheese to cut through.
    Watched all of those with my high school bestie back when you could rent VHS tapes from the local grocery store for $.99 each
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List