Page 425 of 817 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Lots of quotable catch phrases though...
    "Nice onesie"
    https://youtu.be/9rSBmOgpcDE?t=31

I mostly catch it on YouTube, it is the best dosage sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    "Nice onesie"
    https://youtu.be/9rSBmOgpcDE?t=31

I mostly catch it on YouTube, it is the best dosage sizes.
    Completely agree. It's hard for me to binge watch and the wife gets tired of it...but in snippets it's hilarious.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Saw Bad Boys For Life yesterday. We really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Completely agree.
    I think you meant "can confirm"...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think you meant "can confirm"...

appreciates
    FTFY.

And it's ok that you're dead wrong about the binge-watching.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    FTFY.

And it's ok that you're dead wrong about the binge-watching.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I liked it. Its not 100% accurate, as its Hollywood. But the stuff about how the cartels are organized and structured, about how they have to balance the state police/army/politicians/fed police/rival cartels was all pretty spot on. There is not one monolithic structure. Everyone has their hands out individually, and just because you paid the politicians does not mean the army will leave you alone unless they got paid too.

They sanitized the parts about Kiki getting killed. They left out them basically peeling his skin and fingernails, and working him over with a power drill for 30 hours. I think they wanted to have Felix painted as sympathetic for the audience, instead of the piece of shit he was.

The names of the player have changed in the past 30 years, but the structure, the bribes, the political situation are all the same. The parts about the US gov, ambassador, state department, etc interfering in actual law enforcement are 100% true and still ongoing. just look at things like the US army in Afghanistan not being allowed to burn poppy fields so as not to upset the local politicians. Same shit, different country.

I went to play in Mexico City with Diego Luna in it. Luna plays Felix in Narcos.

He' a good actor I suppose, but I am not sure he's the one to play that role. They way Narcos made Felix, and even Escobar, sympathetic characters is not something I appreciate. They were not depicted as good, but there is a lack of desire in modern movies to show a serious contrast between good and evil.

I like Narcos, I enjoy almost no new shows, and the new season needs to get here quick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I went to play in Mexico City with Diego Luna in it. Luna plays Felix in Narcos.

He' a good actor I suppose, but I am not sure he's the one to play that role. They way Narcos made Felix, and even Escobar, sympathetic characters is not something I appreciate. They were not depicted as good, but there is a lack of desire in modern movies to show a serious contrast between good and evil.

I like Narcos, I enjoy almost no new shows, and the new season needs to get here quick.
    I worked on several cases referenced in Narcos (Colombia) and I can tell you that Escobar, (and others), were both feared and revered. You walked on thin ice with him and his ilk, but he was also a patrón and benefactor.

Of course they gussy the story up to give it more sex appeal but much of the story line is true, including, as we've discussed, the issues with the CIA having their own agenda.

26 more days until the next installment of Narcos (Mexico.)

User Tag List