Page 413 of 821 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 8205

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I watched the newest Iliza Shlesinger special on Netflix. Probably her least funny that I've seen but still funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"Green Book". Pretty well done despite being predictable.

I've listened to Don Shirley's music in the past so it was interesting to see part of his story depicted.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The new season of The Expanse was just as good as the previous ones. I’m excited for Season 5.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

One Upon a Time in Hollywood was LONG. Probably an hour too long. The last 20 minutes were spectacular, though.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Shanghai Fortress. A rip off of Independence Day by the Chinese. However, good effects and amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    A rip off of Independence Day by the Chinese.
    Multiple levels of delicious irony in that description alone.

Watched "Pickings" on Prime. Very low budget. Interestingly shot. Interesting incorporations of comic-style drawings throughout.

Some of it has kind of a "Kill Bill" feel. Not great, but better than a lot of the high dollar BS being produced nowadays.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I have been informed that part of what I am getting HH6 for Christmas is tickets to see the new movie version of Cats.

Judi Dench is Old Deuteronomy, Ian McKellan is Gus, Idris Elba is Macavity, and Taylor Swift is, um, one of the other cats.

Apparently the makeup/CGI falls squarely in the Uncanny Valley, or did in the trial trailer released this summer.

Don't see it, myself, but I notice that this is labeled "New Trailer", so I'm wondering if they did some editing.
    Just got back.

All in all I enjoyed it. I could see where some of the characters' makeup/costumes/FX might have been kind of creepy, but most of the main characters weren't that bad; I'm wondering if they didn't bother toning down the appearance of the ones in the chorus, so to speak.

The wife saw it on the stage, and seemed surprised that I hadn't, which is odd, because she knows that any stage production of anything that I've seen since high school has been with her. Apparently, there's some new material for this production, including a new character, I suppose to tie the thing together in more of a story.
    Last edited by Drang; 12-20-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Just got back.

All in all I enjoyed it. I could see where some of the characters' makeup/costumes/FX might have been kind of creepy, but most of the main characters weren't that bad; I'm wondering if they didn't bother toning down the appearance of the ones in the chorus, so to speak. .
    And what I meant to say, but forgot until it was just too late to edit, was that what really bugged me about the movie, what I hated if anything, was the audio.

Jesus H. Christ, folks, it's a fucking musical, why in the names of Thalia and Euterpe would you mix the instrumental accompaniment so fucking loud I can't even HEAR the singers, let alone understand them?
    Last edited by Drang; 12-20-2019 at 11:08 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Watched this movie a second time. It's worth a watch.

User Tag List