Page 405 of 819 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched "Why Him?" on TV (FXX I think) and found it very funny. James Franco and Bryan Cranston were great together, as was Megan Mullally ("Chief" from "Children's Hospital").

What made it even funnier is that it had the dialog dubbed to remove the foul language and substitute "freak" and such. This always cracks me up when they do that. My wife and I still use the term "melon-farmer" that we heard in a dubbed-for-TV version of Pineapple Express.

Rosco

Rented Men in Black: International (2019) on BluRay from the Redbox.

I enjoyed it. Ok it was a pretty predictable plot and character line but still.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

Also rented: Angel has Fallen (2019) w Gerard Butler, the third in Mike Banning as Secret Service agent. Meh. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to make it through to the end of Jack Ryan. Make it stop...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the documentary about Carroll Shelby on Netflix -- it had a lot of overlap with ford v ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    What made it even funnier is that it had the dialog dubbed to remove the foul language and substitute "freak" and such. This always cracks me up when they do that. My wife and I still use the term "melon-farmer" that we heard in a dubbed-for-TV version of Pineapple Express.

Rosco
    "Yippi-ki-yay Mr. Falcon" from the cleaned up Die Hard is one of the best ever.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The Fugitive, on satellite right now.

Still as good a suspense movie as ever.

Never noticed that Tommy Lee Jones racks the slide of his piece every time he draws it, though.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Enjoyed the documentary about Carroll Shelby on Netflix -- it had a lot of overlap with ford v ferrari.
    I watched this the other day as well, before going to see the movie. Thumbs up from me.

Now.... The Irishman....
    While technically well made, as Scorscese tends to do, the story was a giant YAWNBURGER. Another 3.5 hours of Italian Mafia.
    He shoulda stopped at Goodfellas, which is my favotire movie of all time.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Watched The Irishman. Now I finally know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa! All kidding aside I wish my father-in-law was still was still alive and with us. He hated the Kennedy's with a passion like no other and would have really appreciated the movie. We watched it over two nights. While not the greatest thing I ever seen the general consensus in the house was that it was a solid movie.

My daughter queued up a Scorsese, De Niro, Pesci & Pacino conversation where they discussed the movie and some of the technology used. While I wasn't really interested in the camera system they used to de-age the actors I found some of Scorsese's comments interesting. When asked about the length of the movie and how it doesn't fit into the cookie cutter typical Box Office length, Scorsese replied streaming services are the future, people can watch as they desire.

I enjoyed The Irishman. After a long day of family interaction and over eating it was a nice way to kick my feet up and just relax for the evening. I judge a movie based on whether or not I feel like or do pick up my phone while it's playing, I never had such a desire while watching it.

Watched El Camino. Basically a too-long episode of Breaking Bad. They could have trimmed it down and it would have been decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List