Page 403 of 819 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I have been informed that part of what I am getting HH6 for Christmas is tickets to see the new movie version of Cats.

Judi Dench is Old Deuteronomy, Ian McKellan is Gus, Idris Elba is Macavity, and Taylor Swift is, um, one of the other cats.

Apparently the makeup/CGI falls squarely in the Uncanny Valley, or did in the trial trailer released this summer.

Don't see it, myself, but I notice that this is labeled "New Trailer", so I'm wondering if they did some editing.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Narcoworld Dope Stories on NetFlix.

I watched the episode based in Arizona, and the one in Brazil.

The Arizona episode was mostly boring and stale.

I am fascinated by law enforcement in Latin America, and especially the special police units in Brazil. This episode was interesting to me solely because of the Brazilian cops.

A question, maybe @HCM, someone here might know the answer to. How do they get the dopers/criminals to let camera crews follow them around? Are they not really in the game, or are they that desperate for attention?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Narcoworld Dope Stories on NetFlix.

I watched the episode based in Arizona, and the one in Brazil.

The Arizona episode was mostly boring and stale.

I am fascinated by law enforcement in Latin America, and especially the special police units in Brazil. This episode was interesting to me solely because of the Brazilian cops.

A question, maybe @HCM, someone here might know the answer to. How do they get the dopers/criminals to let camera crews follow them around? Are they not really in the game, or are they that desperate for attention?
    They are narcissists and/or not the smart ones.

The Art of Racing in the Rain, on a small screen on an airplane.

It sucked.

There is no "racing" save a few all-too-brief glimpses at the beginning and end of the movie. I would guess maybe a total of 60 seconds worth.

The rest of the whole fucking movie is a narrated voice-over by Kevin Costner of the most sickly maudlin, Holllywood hack-job of a chick flick like you would not believe.

If there was a way to give negative stars for false advertising, I would. You would think a story with "art" or "racing" or "rain" in the title would have some content involving driving, or automotive topics, or racing lines. But Noooooooooooo. It was a serious waste of time. I'd been more entertained by doing the Delta Crossword puzzle in the in-flight magazine.

0 out of 5 stars.

Just saw Ford vs. Ferrari. Outstanding. Damon and Bale were excellent.

I need to watch the 24 Hour War again.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Midway

The Irishman (Netflix)

Very, very long, but pretty good I think - still processing it...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    The Irishman (Netflix)

Very, very long, but pretty good I think - still processing it...

We watched it last night. I thought it pretty true to the book.

Excellent performances and nice to see the "old gang" together for probably one last time.

Didn't think it was a "great" movie, but a very good one.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Tried to watch "El Camino" (Breaking Bad movie) on Netflix last night. Neither the wife or I could stand more than the first half hour or so.

I went in with few expectations but even those were not met. There was no need, imho, for this movie to be made.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Tried to watch "El Camino" (Breaking Bad movie) on Netflix last night. Neither the wife or I could stand more than the first half hour or so.

I went in with few expectations but even those were not met. There was no need, imho, for this movie to be made.
    Too bad, loved the show.

I have been watching "Watchmen." ☺ Excellent. It goes far beyond "woke" posturing, despite the cries of many who have seen it. Best example is the horror of a cop trying to get his gun "unlocked" from it's magnetic holster, arguing with the "compliance officer" over the radio if deadly force is justified after his traffic stop goes south.

Also, now I know about the real-life destruction of "Black Wall Street" in Tulsa, OK in 1921. It involved such delights as aerial bombing! Google it if you've never heard of it.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List