Page 390 of 819 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That was at Madison Square Garden. I saw the Stones there in '69 and again in '72 (I think). Exile On Main Street and Let It Bleed concerts.
    Classic...

A while back, I recorded Battle of Algiers when it was on TCM and finally got around to watching it. This may have been the first movie with that many guns that did not leave me with a desire to get any of them.

I'm going to say one thing..."Goliath" season 3, like it or not, Amy Brenneman has really shown her acting chops. I can't express how impressed I am, we are, with her work in this production. I had no idea just how good she is.

If she doesn't get an Emmy, it's a travesty.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    A while back, I recorded Battle of Algiers when it was on TCM and finally got around to watching it. This may have been the first movie with that many guns that did not leave me with a desire to get any of them.

Good one. Perhaps a double feature with "The Wages of Fear".

Rosco

Classic Albums Steely Dan: Aja on Amazon. It's good but the live instrumental versions of Peg and Josie near the end make the entire show IMO.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I just watched A Simple Favor, for obvious reasons. I didn't like it. The movie is a comedy and a drama but the way they went about it was awkward. They'll be talking about something serious and suddenly something is supposed to be funny but it's not because the transition is so sudden and abrupt and subtle that you're still wrapped up in the story and in serious mode. Maybe they thought interjecting humor into the drama would make the humor funnier but it didn't work for me. This must be how people who hate Santa Clarita Diet feel.

Aside from that everything else was top-notch. Very good plot, ruined by the way they told it. They should have just gone straight drama with it. Or if they wanted to do a comedy go for something more like Masterminds or Logan Lucky maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Classic Albums Steely Dan: Aja on Amazon. It's good but the live instrumental versions of Peg and Josie near the end make the entire show IMO.
    That album has been in my music collection for over 10 years.

Chris

I'm going to say one thing..."Goliath" season 3
    I didn't make it through two episodes of season 1 and never considered season 2. I really had to force myself to get past episode one of this season. Interesting story, good actors all the way around, but some of it is some of the weird shit is unnecessary to the story.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I didn't make it through two episodes of season 1 and never considered season 2. I really had to force myself to get past episode one of this season. Interesting story, good actors all the way around, but some of it is some of the weird shit is unnecessary to the story.
    I don't disagree regarding the "weird shit".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm going to say one thing..."Goliath" season 3, like it or not, Amy Brenneman has really shown her acting chops. I can't express how impressed I am, we are, with her work in this production. I had no idea just how good she is.

If she doesn't get an Emmy, it's a travesty.
    Season 2 made me question whether I would watch future seasons. How does season 3 compare to that hot mess?
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List