Page 380 of 817 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 8169

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Wild Korea on NatGeo Wild.
    2 episodes, "Voices", on wildlife in the Republic of Korea, and "Life at the Borderlands" abut wildlife in the DMZ.
    The wildlife stuff is good, learned a few things (they have lightning bugs in Korea? I spent almost 10 years there and never knew!)
    Nitpicked a lot of Korean history, especially on the "Borderlands" episode.
    Narrator for "Borderlands" is a Brit, and I winced every time he said "Dee Em Zed." (Although American amateur radio operators often say "zed" instead of "zee.")
    Understood almost none of the Korean-language narration, combination of lack of practice, local dialects, and specialized vocabulary -- I was not exactly spending a lot of time learning about the blue speckled mud skipper...
    Mrs. Drang commented that their cinematography could have been better: She said she watched the mating dance of the red crowned crane as a docent at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle and it is far more spectacular than depicted here.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Still liking Yellowstone but please get technical advisors or such. Classic running around with 16 inch ARs with no optics or carrying handle but BUIS (but the rear BUIS is folded down).

Final season of Killjoys
    Campy space opera about a crew bounty hunters that has an interesting story and world with fun characters. Firefly it is not but, I have enjoyed it for what it is. The final season is leaving some things to be desired so far, the main story was sidelined for several episodes now while the more interesting story was put on hold in and obvious run time padding move.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Just watched Godzilla: King of Monsters.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like watching giant monsters punch other giant monsters in the face, this is the movie for you. If that's not your thing, you can probably pass because that's pretty much the point of this movie.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Watched the first several episodes of Good Eats: The Return. It's the same goofy show we all remember, but with much, much less hair.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Just finished season 1 of "Top Boy" on Netflix. Pretty interesting, gritty, British drama regarding drugs and the hard life in the "estate" or "council houses" or whatever the current lingo is for the British version of our "projects".

Sort of like the ongoing saga in the "towers" in "The Wire" without the cops.

Worth a look, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Black Hawk Down: The Untold Story (Prime Video) - This is the story of the 10th Mountain troops that had to rescue elements of Task Force Ranger that were trapped in the city (we had a thread on this documentary here). It features some great interviews and fills in pieces of the event that don't receive much attention. Unfortunately, the documentary itself is kind of amateurish - the music is distracting and much of the archival "footage" is either really poor quality CGI or B-reel that doesn't even feature the right vehicles, equipment, et cetera.

It's definitely still worth a watch though.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Watched the first two episodes of On Becoming a God in Central Florida on Showtime last night. Very amusing so far. Cast list shows not a lot of mainstream actors, which I'm coming to prefer.[/URL].
    I found it to be quite entertaining as well. I was just a kid, but one of my Uncle's got deeeeep into Amway and a few other pyramid/MLM schemes so stuff like the boxes and boxes of product stacked up in a garage is something I can relate to being at his house as a kid.

Fast forward 30 years, my cousin, his daughter, sold Herbal Life for years and now she sells makeup and CBD oil to other mom's on Facebook.

Went and saw The Peanut Butter Falcon yesterday. Unbelievably good movie.

A Simple Favor (imdb.com) Amazon listed this as comedy/adventure so my wife and I hit play on a lazy Labor Day afternoon while our son napped, why not, Anna Kendrick does funny roles pretty well. Turns out this is a surprisingly dark flick and, at least IMHO, Blake Lively is pretty much at her sexiest in it. We enjoyed it, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart or the easily offended.

User Tag List