Page 375 of 819 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Watched the first couple of episodes of "Letterkenny". Pretty funny. The third episode started to lose me.
    I *love* Letterkenny from watching youtube shorts. As a show attempting to carry a plot, don't think I got past episode two. So disappointing to me. Still watch the shorts though.

I've been watching this for the last couple of days, and even clicked on this thread to see if there was any discussion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Another Life (Netflix)

What was supposed to be a science fiction series about first contact with an alien intelligence turned out to be extremely poorly written soap opera in space. We could not finish even the first episode, it was so bad. Do not waste your time with this garbage.
    I've got news for you, EVERY science fiction show or movie that's ever done remotely well is actually a soap opera in space at "worst" or a western or war movie in space at "best", or both. I have found elements of both, perhaps trending more towards the former, but ironically the Battlestar Galactica series that Sackoff was in was pretty much entirely soap opera in space and it was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I made it through two episodes, just to be sure it was consistently as bad as I thought.

This is the ultimate piece of social justice snow flake garbage. Katie Sackhoff commands a space vessel sent to the home world of an alien object that's landed on earth. The crew consists of twenty-something beautiful snowflakes, all of whom seem to be totally impulse driven and completely incapable of controlling their emotions. There's only one white, hetro male among them and of course, he's the weak link in the crew. Apparently, in the future ship's crews no longer wear uniforms, too aggressive and triggering don't you know. Also, it seems when the captain gives an order it has to be preceded by a group meeting of the crew, where everyone gets to feel good about it. Then if they don't, well, mutiny of course.

Possibly the worst thing I've seen on television in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    That show gave me the sads. It's Katie, with Katie's rockin bod. But she let someone 'fix' her kind of vicious, "I'm going to slam you up against the wall and have my way with you" smile. Now she's just a generic attractive soccer-momish lady with Katie's rockin bod.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Another downvote for Another Life here as well. I managed to get through the entire series, mainly due to how I consume streaming media (as a side diversion while doing other things on a computer), Ms Sackoff's bod, a desire to see how bad it could get (real bad), and a desire to see how the actual story played out (mildly interesting if you ignore the SJW virtue signalling stuff).

SJW stuff aside, the biggest fail was the complete lack of discipline and decorum of the crew. I just can't imagine a mission with the risk and importance of this one being pursued by a crew with the behavioral issues on display during the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Pretty much my impressions. It was bland, most of the characters intensely unlikable and undisciplined, and the plot was recycled pablum. Hard pass.
    I find your summaries to be pretty much spot on, with the difference being that I've found it all quite amusing! The agro-me-too woman, the tranny doctor, the recovered criminal... all set against Sackoff's foil is quite entertaining to me. Every time a snowflake whines, she's there saying "buckle up bitch and do your job!" Every problem they encounter on the ship is because of some modern-day personality flaw.

also, based on what I see in pretty much every company these days, I think it's a pretty spot-on vision of the future that you can't have a singular leader, can't have uniforms, have to include everyone, etc. The lack of decorum and discipline and public displays of psych problems reminds me totally of the workforce of today! and I find the way they portray it in the show to be HILARIOUS. I don't see it as a defense of the snowflake, but instead see it pretty much entirely as a critique!

You guys haven't even touched on the plotline back home of the "blogger" who is considered in future times to be an actual source of information, and the woman general that is too emotional to get anything done. It's awesome!

All of that said, the plots are all pretty much basic tropes. The flashback, the dream sequence, the "bring an alien virus back on board', the "bring an alien baby back on board", etc. If it wasn't for the endless entertainment at the expense of the snowflake generation, I don't know that I'd be able to stand the plotlines!

Site Supporter
    I just finished Season 3 of Man in the High Castle and I've mostly enjoyed the show. Looking forward to the final season.
    Last edited by Robinson; 08-10-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Fix stupid mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I just finished Season 3 of Man in the High Tower and I've mostly enjoyed the show. Looking forward to the final season.
    I think you mean "Castle" but yeah, we are too.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Last movie I watched was Grandma's Boy, not the first time I've seen it but the first time in years. Still a very funny movie...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think you mean "Castle" but yeah, we are too.
    Good grief, yes I meant High Castle. LOL

Thanks @blues.

Curiosity Stream.
    just about everything on it has been worth the watch.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Battle Angel Alita. Mildy interesting at first, plot went stupid in the second half. Usual robot CGI, which would have been impressive years ago. Today it is standard.

Just watch Westside vs the World on Netflix a documentary on Louis Simmons and Westside Barbell powerlifting team out of Columbus, Ohio.

I think it should be required watching for anyone interested in pursuing a career in athletics. The movie really highlights the impersonal business of running an athletic enterprise and that athletes get used up and replaced. That’s not an insult to Westside, I’m glad that they didn’t sugar coat the business.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

The Zoo. It's a series on Animal Planet about the San Diego Zoo. HH6 almost reflexively watches zoo shows, she was a docent at the Woodland park Zoo in Seattle for almost 20 years, and when I got sentenced I mean stationed at Ft [S]Cartoon{/S] Carson, CO, she went through their docent program as well.

She was impressed by the way they made it sound like the San Diego Zoo is the only zoo in the world doing species conservation work.

Or providing vet care for their animals, for that matter...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List