Page 360 of 812 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Us

Thriller were a family is selected for replacement by some kind of clones. They made the common monster movie mistakes. Monsters in the yard, Dad can't realize this and goes out to yell at them with a ball bat. Doesn't go well.

My wife says - why don't they hunker down and break out the guns. I say - this is California.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Us

Thriller were a family is selected for replacement by some kind of clones. They made the common monster movie mistakes. Monsters in the yard, Dad can't realize this and goes out to yell at them with a ball bat. Doesn't go well.

My wife says - why don't they hunker down and break out the guns. I say - this is California.
    Was on a date with a girl who knows I’m a gun guy and in that first part of the movie when the monsters are breaking in she was like “Boy, that scene would go different at your house.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Was on a date with a girl who knows I’m a gun guy and in that first part of the movie when the monsters are breaking in she was like “Boy, that scene would go different at your house.”

My wife has observed that most horror/suspense movies would be over in the first scene “had that been me”.

I love 80’s slashers. Huge fan. And the appeal is, let’s watch idiots die. But all this new stuff is your dime-a-dozen home invaders. Freddie & Jason need to teach these guys a lesson in panache.

We watched Us last night - it was awful. I am a fan of horror movies and have accepted the principles will make bad decisions to make the movie plot, but holy crap was it bad...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Started watching Southland last night on hulu. Only caught the first two episodes.

It's way overacted and somewhat cliche but I think it's good enough that we'll continue watching it. I hadn't realized that it was populated by about a zillion actors we've known elsewhere.

It'd be really great if they'd find a way to tone down the dime store novel dialog.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Hotel Mumbai (Amazon) - It's put together well, even though I've had difficulty verifying the veracity of much of it, and I'm reasonably confident some of the more suspenseful moments were fabricated for the sake storytelling. If you're like most PFer's, your brain will probably melt war-gaming everything rather than appreciating the movie as a movie. I doubt most folks here would find it worth the time.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Started watching Southland last night on hulu. Only caught the first two episodes.

It's way overacted and somewhat cliche but I think it's good enough that we'll continue watching it. I hadn't realized that it was populated by about a zillion actors we've known elsewhere.

It'd be really great if they'd find a way to tone down the dime store novel dialog.
    So here's the thing, they do dial it down a little bit, but my advice is to just lean into it. Literally like reading a dime store novel. Just embrace the cheese. Makes it way more fun.

The Wolf's Call: A French action/thriller movie about modern submarine warfare.

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about the subject it was an alright movie. However some of the events in the movie are so obviously ridiculous that they kind of take away the plausibility of anything that occurs in the movie. (Like in the first action scene when the submarine is attacked by depth charges, and when the bombs go off the combat divers a few hundred meters away act like: "Huh? Hey, did you guys hear something?") On the other hand, the bit with the waiting music on the phone was hysterically funny.

Most definitely NOT recommended for anyone who has served in a Navy, I would suspect. For the rest of us, I'd say it's worth watching.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    The Wolf's Call: A French action/thriller movie about modern submarine warfare.

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about the subject it was an alright movie. However some of the events in the movie are so obviously ridiculous that they kind of take away the plausibility of anything that occurs in the movie. (Like in the first action scene when the submarine is attacked by depth charges, and when the bombs go off the combat divers a few hundred meters away act like: "Huh? Hey, did you guys hear something?") On the other hand, the bit with the waiting music on the phone was hysterically funny.

Most definitely NOT recommended for anyone who has served in a Navy, I would suspect. For the rest of us, I'd say it's worth watching.
    I just caught it a few hours ago myself. I completely agree with your assessment.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Hey blues, just wanted to say I finished the series just now and it has one of the most unsatisfying finales I’ve ever seen.

Not gonna give specific spoilers but also don’t wanna get your hopes up.

User Tag List