Page 359 of 817 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Gomorrah Season Three - worth the wait. I still say this is the best TV show no one has heard of. Seasons one and two are available on Netflix, but you have to jump through hoops to watch the most recent episodes in the States. Season four just premiered in the UK...

Caught Peppermint on a long flight. Totally missed that this was in theaters. Let me sum it up - Jennifer Garner is the Punisher.

Nice cameo by the Q Honey Badger.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Gomorrah Season Three - worth the wait. I still say this is the best TV show no one has heard of. Seasons one and two are available on Netflix, but you have to jump through hoops to watch the most recent episodes in the States. Season four just premiered in the UK...
    @JSGlock34

Where is Season 3 available? I haven't seen it listed on Sundance (DirecTV). My wife is very annoyed that it hasn't yet been available and I understand there were contract and financial issues causing the delays.

Any info appreciated.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Vending Machine Operator
    This is not a new show, but I have been binge watching through Southland for the past few weeks.

I have never served as a law enforcement officer, so I hesitate to speak about the quality of a show as though I understand the lens of law enforcement. That said, my brother is coming up on 8 years, my dad did 20, and my grandpa did a good number as well, and I do come from a very pro-blue worldview.

I think the show is fantastic. Fairly realistic gun material, and extremely realistic views of the ugly stuff police face both on the job and off. No other show I've ever seen except maybe for one of my all time favorites, Third Watch, addresses the stuff nobody wants to talk about as effectively - cops struggling with substance abuse, depression, divorce and custody battles, personal tragedy, and parenting, all while trying to do the job.

I think I am close to finishing the show and I will be sad when it is over. It has been a heavy, difficult, but important watch. And a quite funny one, in the dark way cop humor is funny (having been raised by a cop makes it funny to me too).
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

@LockedBreech

Where's Southland available for streaming these days?

ETA: Looks like hulu has it. I get hulu via my spotify premium subscription at no extra cost. (commercials, though)
    Last edited by blues; 07-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @LockedBreech

Where's Southland available for streaming these days?

ETA: Looks like hulu has it. I get hulu via my spotify premium subscription at no extra cost. (commercials, though)
    I've got the no-commercial Hulu and that's where I been bingin'

I didn't realize until season 4 when I googled it that it actually won a Peabody and I think a few Emmys

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I've got the no-commercial Hulu and that's where I been bingin'

I didn't realize until season 4 when I googled it that it actually won a Peabody and I think a few Emmys
    I can't remember if we ever watched any of the episodes but I put in my list on hulu to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can't remember if we ever watched any of the episodes but I put in my list on hulu to check out.
    Will be stunned if you don't care for it but I was wrong back in '63 so .......

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Will be stunned if you don't care for it but I was wrong back in '63 so .......
    '63...we had a Ford Galaxie 500 (champagne edition) with the 390 c.i. V-8. My father loved that car.

Other than JFK, there's not much I remember about that year except that Mrs. Hamburg, my 6th grade teacher, helped me turn my life around from the path I was heading down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    This is not a new show, but I have been binge watching through Southland for the past few weeks.

I have never served as a law enforcement officer, so I hesitate to speak about the quality of a show as though I understand the lens of law enforcement. That said, my brother is coming up on 8 years, my dad did 20, and my grandpa did a good number as well, and I do come from a very pro-blue worldview.

I think the show is fantastic. Fairly realistic gun material, and extremely realistic views of the ugly stuff police face both on the job and off. No other show I've ever seen except maybe for one of my all time favorites, Third Watch, addresses the stuff nobody wants to talk about as effectively - cops struggling with substance abuse, depression, divorce and custody battles, personal tragedy, and parenting, all while trying to do the job.

I think I am close to finishing the show and I will be sad when it is over. It has been a heavy, difficult, but important watch. And a quite funny one, in the dark way cop humor is funny (having been raised by a cop makes it funny to me too).

I think Southland could have been epic.

They should not have made everyone so screwed up, besides Nate who was mostly normal, and should have had less over the top drama and more police stuff. Another thing is get rid of the detective part. They were good actors, but there are plenty of detective shows, and not enough patrol shows. The patrol part was well done and is the only reason I watched all 5 seasons. The narc guys were good, but I preferred the patrol stuff. Make it more like an updated ADAM 12.

Southland did a good job overall in gear selection and gun handling. It's my understanding LAPD has some bizarre policy of not allowing any gear in front of the duty gun. Look at the actors in Southland, and you will see they all carried their duty belts setup this way. Additionally they used Pelican lights and their duty guns were LAPD approved weapons. 92fs, Glock, and John Cooper's 5906. Cooper also carried the 5906 in a Ted Blocker Swivel holster (https://www.tedblockerholsters.com/S...ter_p_179.html), which you sometimes see on LAPD officers.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 07-05-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think Southland could have been epic.

They should not have made everyone so screwed up, besides Nate who was mostly normal, and should have had less over the top drama and more police stuff. Another thing is get rid of the detective part. They were good actors, but there are plenty of detective shows, and not enough patrol shows. The patrol part was well done and is the only reason I watched all 5 seasons. The narc guys were good, but I preferred the patrol stuff. Make it more like an updated ADAM 12.

Southland did a good job overall in gear selection and gun handling. It's my understanding LAPD has some bizarre policy of not allowing any gear in front of the duty gun. Look at the actors in Southland, and you will see they all carried their duty belts setup this way. Additionally they used Pelican lights and their duty guns were LAPD approved weapons. 92fs, Glock, and John Cooper's 5906. Cooper also carried the 5906 in a Ted Blocker Swivel holster (https://www.tedblockerholsters.com/S...ter_p_179.html), which you sometimes see on LAPD officers.
    Wait, FIVE seasons? I thought I had a season left! SHIT!

Btw, I totally agree with your critique, the patrol parts of the shop, especially the first two seasons with Cooper and Sherman, have been the strongest parts of the show by a mile.

User Tag List