Page 358 of 819 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Luc Besson: Anna

Name:  anna.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  41.9 KB

Thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and the film as a whole. Lots of eye-candy and action. "Campy" in spots. Kind of "Atomic Blonde" as done by Luc Besson. Helen Mirren was excellent.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 06-22-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post

Thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and the film as a whole. Lots of eye-candy and action. "Campy" in spots. Kind of "Atomic Blonde" as done by Luc Besson. Hellen Mirren was excellent.
    I love Helen Mirren. If anyone hasn't seen "Prime Suspect" they need to. I put it up there with "The Wire" which is no small endorsement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post

Thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and the film as a whole. Lots of eye-candy and action. "Campy" in spots. Kind of "Atomic Blonde" as done by Luc Besson. Helen Mirren was excellent.
    Saw this one today and was pleasantly surprised. Far better than I'd expected. My initial thought was, "Babes and Berettas, I'm in." Sasha Luss was surprisingly effective, far more than the typical model trying to be a movie star. I think she has a future if she wants it. Helen Mirren was Helen Mirren and she's enough for the price of admission all by herself.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Rented this one a few nights ago.

Daughter of the Wolf.

https://youtu.be/VhRErQhD23Y

A rather low budget affair and I wondered what a sanctimonious thespian like Richard Dreyfuss was doing there. On the other hand, it's Gina Carano and I'd crawl a mile over broken glass for Gina Carano. She's on my list along with Kate Beckinsale and Mila Jovovich. She makes it, I see it. The movie's really just a girl power Liam Neesonesque movie with a female lead. On the positive side, Gina's acting is improving and she was far less wooden this time out.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    We have a whole thread about that movie.
    Yes, but you guys got off into a pretty icky tangent about jerking off to Linda Hamilton.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The wife and I just wrapped up the first season of Yellowstone. It represents modern cowboy life fairly accurate but the grizzly bear scenes are kinda hokey. Overall it's worth checking out.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Anna: Very good kick-as spy/assassin flick. Highly recommended.

(By the way, the graphics people who use "и" to imply a Russian "n" ought to be smacked around.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-28-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Just watched the first two episodes of Preacher, and after a brief period of "WTF did I just watch?" decided I liked it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Over the weekend, saw both "Yesterday" and "Toy Story 4".

"Yesterday" was fun and cute; an excellent date-night movie (which is what it was). But then again, I'm a big 'ol softy when it comes to the wife (#phrasing).

"Toy Story 4"... um... well... they decided to go against the entire thesis of the previous three movies. When my kids asked if I liked it, my response was, "You know, I heard that they made a fourth 'Toy Story' movie, but I don't believe them. Just like that fourth 'Indiana Jones' movie rumor."

Site Supporter
    I watched the first season of Adam-12. What a great show.

Southland with the everybody’s life is screwed up drama removed and solely focused on patrol, could have been just as good.

User Tag List